Been lurking for a while...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NattyBrew

Reaction score
now it's official! I'm a member! Anyway just wanted to say what's up to all of Homebrewtalk.com from Cincinnati, Ohio. Found the site on the suggestion of a fellow brewer, looks like an awesome collection of brewing knowledge. Glad to be a part. Cheers:mug:

Thanks guys. I have been brewing for about 2 years now, having just made the jump to All Grain in the past 6-months or so. I currently have a Hefe, American IPA, and Honey Wheat in kegs (waiting for me to finish my keezer) and I took a shot at what seemed like a delicious hard cider I found here on the site called Apfelwein. Can't remember the member's name, but the thread was something like 60 pages long full of praise (and curse words) to the creator so it had to be good.

One thing I know for sure is that going all grain has accelerated my brewing obsession significantly, actually I think to a point of madness. I now justify cannibalizing old fridges to turn in to fermentation chambers to myself as an absolute requirement of all grain. Makes sense in my head I guess, and I am sure many would share experiences of the same disease.

It's like my brewing equipment is a crazy aggressive strain of yeast, slowly expanding and filling up what use to be functional room in my place...and just like primary fermentation, its just too fun to watch!

I'm not a guy but that's ok. ;)
Sounds like you will fit in here quite nicely since you are already as obsessed as the rest of us.

BTW, the Famous EdWort is the one you will curse after you drink too much Apfelwein. :D

Sorry about that Nurmey, just one of those generic statements I guess. Great to see a woman brewer, I am sure your significant other appreciates the hobby, because I know mine does (as long as I make a batch of the lighter stuff).

I will make sure to curse EdWort personally when the Apfelwein is ready, it's just staring at me in the corner of the room while I am typing this....probably thinking to itself, "I can't wait to send you to hangover central..."

Welcome to the board! :mug: I know what you mean about this obsession. I'm 5000 miles from home with no way to brew right now, but I keep buying things online and having them sent to my house. My wife keeps telling me to stop, because she has to pick up the packages and says we are running out of places for her to put them. It's like heroin, even when you're not doing it all you think about is heroin.

(disclaimer: I have not done, and never will do heroin. It is only an analogy and in no way represents my lifestyle. No animals were injected with heroin to make this post.)

Welcome to the obsession! It will devour you without remorse...... and you will like it!
Sorry, where was I? Oh yeah, welcome to HBT.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

BTW, the Famous EdWort is the one you will curse after you drink too much Apfelwein. :D

Ed's a great guy, but Apfelwein has made me want to kick him in the goody bag on more than one occasion. :D

Thanks all for the welcome. I don't plan on kicking Ed Wort in the family jewels yet, but apparently I will want to in about 3 weeks once his Apfelwein has cleared and is drinkable. On a scale of 1-10, how bad is this stuff going to pain me? I feel like this is something that should NOT be taken lightly...

Back