Batch 6, 7 and planning no. 8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

najel

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick report of today's brew day.
My buddy helped me and he also wanted to see how I brew so that was a first, showing someone how to do it kind of.
It was also the first time I used my immersion chiller that I just built, and my first full boil. Having the immersion chiller is probably the best thing ever, it cuts out a good hour of cooling time.We did back to back batches, so that was particularly helpful.
We also did a full boil on both batches, which I have never done before. My father in law gave me his turkey fryer with 8.5 gallon SS pot to use. I had to scrub it pretty good but it worked out very well.
The recipes we made were two extract brews: a Belgian Wit American style (so something like Blue Moon) and then a New Belgium Somersault clone, which my wife requested. I have pretty high hopes for these, as I have done the Wit before and it came out really good. This time I made a yeast starter, full boil and had the immersion chiller, so I am hoping for even better results.
There were a few screwups of course, but I think nothing that should have a major impact on the beer.
We also opened a few bottles of a Hefeweizen which we bottles just the weekend before, and it was already quite good. Slightly undercarbed still, but I think it will come out nicely.

I am now also planning my next batch, which will be my first All Grain batch. I am almost done getting everything together for my MLT, just waiting on a washer I had to order. I am thinking for that batch to do a Dunkelweizen, recipe something like this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f70/dunkelweizen-64392/ Does that sound like a reasonable recipe for first AG?

Well, just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys, I feel like reading a lot on here and asking a few questions when I needed to has really helped me along so far. This is an awesome website, and I appreciate everyone sharing all their experiences etc. here :mug:

Back