Bass Pro Burner Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that same burner and it works great. I've only used it for a full boil on extract though. It will maintain whatever temp I need it to stay at with little adjustment.

just a word of caution - i bought this setup when i first started brewing. worked fine for awhile, but the construction is very thin and i had to constantly reinforce the thing until i finally just went with a 4 leg steel stand http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_27741_-1?N=77985508

A lot happier with it. The problem was that the round tripod structure got so wobbly that it would distort under weight when it got hot.

i kept it, but dont put anything heaver than a charcoal starter on it ;)

(edit - this was with a converted keg doing 5 gal batches - there's no way i would put that much weight on it, much less 10-15 gals of boiling liquid)

just a word of caution - i bought this setup when i first started brewing. worked fine for awhile, but the construction is very thin and i had to constantly reinforce the thing until i finally just went with a 4 leg steel stand

Odd, I have this one and it seems fairly stable to me. Never one worried about it dumping over or failing. The two look fairly similar, but I suppose they could be different enough.

Latest posts

Back