Basic soda recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
So, brewed my first soda recently with gin botanicals, sugar and lemon. I added yeast and let the bottles harden up, then bunged in the fridge. Success! It tastes great, you can't buy it in shops for sure, and

So what are the basic sort of brews that people are making? I'll no doubt do an old fashioned lemonade of sorts, ginger beer (duh,) maybe something with mint. We also have "craft soda" here in the UK and one of my favourites uses citrus fruits, balsamic vinegar, basil and sea salt. Yes, you're reading that right.

http://rootssoda.co.uk/soda.html

I prefer things to have a er, mature taste to them - reasonably dry, complex slightly savoury flavours - I hate sweet pop! Sour would be cool - herbal is okay - iced teas would be nice (not original tea because I hate the stuff.) I'm really talking about something to sip and savour rather than gulp down. Let me add as well that I'm not interested in using Sodastream concentrates or anything like that :)

I will also be brewing all natural including the sugar, so no chemicals please :)

I will also be brewing all natural including the sugar, so no chemicals please :)

FYI, "natural" and "chemicals" are in no sense mutually exclusive. Pure natural chemicals are most typically produced by fractional distillation of essential oils. And, "natural" does not mean endemic. For example, "all natural" fruit juice might (for all the customer knows) contain a chemical extracted from beaver anus, castoreum, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castoreum .

There are various receipes out there for making sodas. But if you have a machine the various combinations of natural and artificial flavours into soda would be mentioned..

Most pop recipes are sweet, sometimes really sweet. Back off the sugar if you don't like that.

Google home made soda recipes, and you'll find quite a few blogs and such that have recipes for odd flavors.

Basically make a tea with anything you like, carbonate.

Back