Bargain Fittings Whirlpool fitting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to install one that I'll be making myself with copper tubing, so although I don't have any experience with it yet, I don't see why it wouldn't do the job. And, I'm only poking a hole into my cheap converted keg, so it's not as big of a deal for me. :)

Yup, i have one installed on my boil kettle. I use a keg and in the beginning I had it level with the ground and it looked like it was putting quite a bit of pressure on the fitting. I had to rotate it down a bit so that curve is above the outlet and now it looks great.

Its a great fitting and I would buy it again in a second. It does a great job of whir-pooling and can make chilling a lot faster. It also creates a great trub cone at the bottom of your pot. If you use a pick-up tube I would go with a side pick-up. I wanted to go all Stainless in the BK so i can just soak it in PBW after every brew (and who doesnt love stainless). I can post a picture later if you are interested.

Chromados

Back