Bargain Bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj47

Reaction score
Hi, I've just got to the stage of bottling my beer but I have no bottles. I've searched around on the Internet but only found one place that sells PET bottles for £13 for 24 1 litre. Is there anywhere that I can buy cheaper bottles... £13 sounds a bit much.

aj47 said:
Hi, I've just got to the stage of bottling my beer but I have no bottles. I've searched around on the Internet but only found one place that sells PET bottles for £13 for 24 1 litre. Is there anywhere that I can buy cheaper bottles... £13 sounds a bit much.

Collect yours and your friends bottles?

I don't know if thats taboo, but thats what I did when I was helping my friend brew.

You're obviously overseas, and I can't speak from experience there, but here it is often beneficial to ask your local bar/restaurant, a lot of times they don't return all of their bottles to the distributor because they are not organized in the proper containers. They may just allow you to purchase their returnables from them for deposit (not sure if they have that overseas either...) and it never hurts to make friends with someone in a position to have access to empties as homebrew can be a powerful bargaining tool.

I posted a notice in my cubicle at work letting folks know I needed cappable brown bottles.

Several folks are now saving their empties for me. I reward them by giving them a sample out of each batch I brew. Seems to be a good symbiosis.

Back