Barbe Rouge Hefeweizen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOriginalDBS

Reaction score
I’ve brewed with Barbe Rouge a bunch of times, and it’s one of my favorite hops. Has anyone brewed a hefeweizen with barbe rouge? I’d really, really like to.

I heard once that the bubblegum flavor once invented by confectionary companies is supposed to mimic strawberry and banana, so it makes me think that this flavor combo in beer would be awesome.

what do you all think? My only pause is sometimes barbe can carry over some subtle kumquat and lime characters, but I only found that to be the case when I heavily (like, 14 oz in a 5 gallon batch, heavily) single hopped a beer with it.

just want to get everyone’s thoughts before I make 6 gallons of a potential pipe dream. Cheers!

The Great thing about craft beer is its a craft. Brew what you want . What's the worst that can happen ? You could brew 1 gallon as a test . I've never done 1g test brews , I just roll with it. I say brew on ! Let us know

Latest posts

Back