Bar top finishes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
I am building my home bar and although I stained and polyurethaned the hardwood plywood, I am still not happy with the "depth" of the finsih. I see some bars that look like they have a thick clear coating on them. Sometimes with decoupage stuff below it. Looks like something that you pour on or something. Aybody got a link to something like this?

MississippiSlim said:
I am building my home bar and although I stained and polyurethaned the hardwood plywood, I am still not happy with the "depth" of the finsih. I see some bars that look like they have a thick clear coating on them. Sometimes with decoupage stuff below it. Looks like something that you pour on or something. Aybody got a link to something like this?

Yep. It's a two part epoxy. I used one called envirotex lite. I have 100' linear feet between the upper and lower bar and it's held up great for the past five years.

There are some tricks to know when going into the epoxy. better have a torch or heat gun handy when you do it! I've done this finish before. Turns out GREAT if done right. Terrible if done wrong!

There are some tricks to know when going into the epoxy. better have a torch or heat gun handy when you do it! I've done this finish before. Turns out GREAT if done right. Terrible if done wrong!

That is so true. I'd practice on some plywood first. And if it's a large area you'll need two people. One to mix and the other to pour. Here's are some useful tips:

http://eti-usa.com/envirotex-lite/professional-tips/

Latest posts

Back