Bar build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLG

Reaction score
I started building a home bar a couple weeks ago. I saw one in a year old issue of BYO my buddy lent me. The basic premise is 2x4 frame as I had a hundred of them laying around, with 3/4 maple ply and maple facing and bar rails around. No kegerator underneath, as I have a keezer behind the bar, but I am planning on keeping alot of my all grain brewing equipment underneath.

I still need to finish sanding and staining the panels, bar rail, and install them, then coat it in multiple coats of waterlox finish. Then I'll decide on shelving for behind the bar.

DLG

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

I stained the stiles and the top, then attached the stiles with liquid nails and brad nails. I screwed in the top with some pocket holes underneath. I measured and cut the bar rail, and just finished staining it. Another coat in 24 hrs.

I thought about doing the two-tone look, but decided I wanted more of an old school look

DLG

image-1537328589.jpg

image-195493912.jpg

image-2639186858.jpg

I stained the bar rails and glued/brad nailed them down. Mitering the 45's sucked without a compound miter saw. Now I need to fill a couple brad nail holes in the stiles and then start putting on the coats of waterlox finish.

I still need to finish some trim work on the back and then work on the shelving and sides for underneath. I have a keezer behind the bar an the plan is to redo it into a coffin style to match the bar, with possibly a mirrored area and cabinet above.

image-2374657849.jpg

Great build! I liked the two tone look but you made the right call, with the trim on top everything comes together very nicely!

Latest posts

Back