Bar build parts list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
I'm opening this thread as I start my bar build. Basic L shape with a built in keezer.

I'm sure as I continue to progress ill have questions on something I need or a direction to take this project so ill start with this:

I'm running four taps. 3 beers and 1 for soda. Should I setup with four regulators so I can dial in the gas for each one or do you think I should just get a distribute? I already hve a two regulator system.

dmcman73 said:
If you plan on force carbonation inside of the keezer, I would suggest installing a secondary 4 way regulator like this: http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Secondary-RegulatorFour-Product-Regulator/dp/B004S9B3PK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_1 that way while one keg is being force carbonated you can keep the others at serving pressure.

That's what u was thinking it would be nice to dial in everything separate. Some I have a two regulator setup already I think ill buy two more and add onto what I've got

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what u was thinking it would be nice to dial in everything separate. Some I have a two regulator setup already I think ill buy two more and add onto what I've got

Since you have a dual already, get a Three way secondary (you'll loose one output to connect the secondary). You can't install another "primary" regulator without buying another CO2 tank to attach it too.

I was told by a local store I could by two additional regulator heads and route them into the same line to make four but would just need a high pressure connector to my 5# tank. Is this not right?

I was told by a local store I could by two additional regulator heads and route them into the same line to make four but would just need a high pressure connector to my 5# tank. Is this not right?

Well, here is what you could do:

Remove the coupling that attaches the regulator to the CO2 tank from only one of the regulators. Then remove the pressure gauge that measures how much is left in the CO2 tank from the regulator that still has the long coupling that attaches it to the CO2 tank. You will then need to buy a brass nipple to go from where the pressure gauge was on one regulator to where the coupling was on the other.

You could also go one further and remove the coupling from the regulator and replace it with a barbed fitting. Then on the end of the coupling that attaches to the CO2 tank install another barbed fitting. That way the only thing that is hanging off your tank is the coupling that will attach to the 4 way regulator with a CO2 line. This is just so you can manage the tank without having this huge 4 way regulator that could get knocked around and break.

I hope I explained it right.

Make sure you use Teflon tap on all threads!

I think I'm leaning toward using two mini fridges to house my kegs instead of a chest freezer so i dont have to worry about the lid opening too close to the wall. Also if a mini fridge dies it will be much easier to swap out since they will be under counter... not part if the top.

Question - will one Johnson temp control work to keep temps of both if I ran the fridges through a multi outlet surge protector that then connected to the controller?

Latest posts

Back