Ball valve question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdbrewer1

Reaction score
I got a deal on a keggle with a welded port, but it didn't come with a ball valve. I've been trying to find a stainless or brass ball valve that is 1/2" MPT x 1/2" barb with a 1/4 turn style handle. I'm coming up blank except for a brass one I've seen as part of a conversion kit and I'm not sure how easily it can be removed from the bulkhead fitting.

It seems to me that you could eliminate 2 connections (short nipple + barb fitting) if you could find a valve that has those connections. Is there a reason not to use such a valve if I can find it? Can someone point me in the right direction to find one? Are there just not enough uses for such a beast? Is sanitation of the insides part of the concern?

Thanks!

I don't recall ever seeing one like that or I'm sure it would be used more.

I believe my ball valves screw into the coupler and then my cam-lock fitting screws into the ball valve. Brass ball valves at present.

Thanks for the responses.

That's what I figured. The valve you linked looks nice and allows for it to be used for different purposes down the line with the female threads. That's probably the route I'll go.

Back