Backyard Brew Shed / Pub...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMA

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning, all.

So, I just received my tax refund and have decided to finally build a backyard brew shed / pub. However, as I'm not an architect and have no idea how to design a building with respect to where things "should" go, I fear I may not be able to utilize the space as efficient as I could. I could really use some ideas. If you were able to design and build something like this or have someone else do it for you, and money was no object, and it must not be larger than 14' x 20', what would you design?

The building will be built from scratch and will include water, power (220V AC 60A 2P), sewer connections. At a minimum, it should have a 1/2 bath (toilet and sink), a walk-in cooler, a place to brew (surface and sink for electric brewing), and a bar area (preferably including a small sink and dishwasher). The end goal is to have, not only a dedicated place to brew and store, but a comfortable place to hang out and enjoy good beer with friends and family.

Please see image to understand how the building must be laid out with respect to the property on which it will reside...

building.png

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and ponder over my dilemma. I look forward to any and all ideas!

Did you get any help on this because I am about to start something similar. Thanks, Bob

Yes, the fences are on the property lines, but I'm going to build with a 2-foot setback. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the room in the yard to allow for more of a setback. Thanx.

Yes, the fences are on the property lines, but I'm going to build with a 2-foot setback. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the room in the yard to allow for more of a setback. Thanx.

Don't know about Bend, but where I live any building over 120 SF, or that has water or power, or is intended for routine human occupancy requires a building permit. I think the minimum side and back lot line setbacks are 5 feet here, permit required or not. Also cannot build over a utility easement, which may be wider than the basic five foot setback. I suggest you check these things out where you are so that you know what the chances are that a code monkey might ruin your day. Pissy or jealous neighbors tend to increase this risk. Personally, I'd hate to run a risk of investing that kind of effort only to have to re-do everything, or worse. Good luck and let us know how the project develops.

Latest posts

Back