Backcountry beer pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20395479879_c8c4c8ef12.jpg

Peaches in Zion National Park
Honeymoon shot I assume? Where was your favorite place you went?

Great weekend exploring the White Mountains, an area I have spent almost no time in, and returning to the Buttermilks, a familiar stomping ground that I have not gone to for a few years. Thanks DCLAguy11 for these awesome brews! Sorry these photos are a bit HDRy, the stormy weather was hard for my phone to cope with.

raydrk.jpg

Bright Sea Blonde at camp in Cottonwood Basin, White Mountains, CA

2l8vo0i.jpg

Beaucoup Berry Bu in the Patriarch Grove of Ancient Bristlecone Pines, White Mountains, CA

99fas0.jpg

Dry Hopped Premiere in the Buttermilks below Mt Tom (right) and Basin Mountain (left), Sierra Nevada, CA

Last edited:
Got a badass sunset up at Pine Mountain in Los Padres National Forest on Saturday overlooking the Channel Islands while drinking some Petit Azaca (thanks Fahmie25). The sunrise was even better but I wasn't drinking any beer during it ;).

30aaohl.jpg

And a little plum lambic while bouldering is always a good idea. Another shout to Fahmie25 for that one too.
2j26q1u.jpg

Sitting in the sun drinking Featherweight Pale Ale from Cannonball Creek while letting my friends do the hard work of cleaning snow off the boulder before we try and climb it. Don't let this photo fool you, it was miserably cold both in the sun and not. Stupid winters with its wind and snow and ice. Happy to be back in a t-shirt in Southern California. I have gone so soft since moving away from Colorado.

30rrw3c.jpg

I figure this would be a good spot to ask if not I can always take it to the Mountain thread, I will staying at the Keystone village in May, and was wondering if anyone familiar with area could suggest any good hikes or parks to check out in the area? Looking for beginners terrain.

I figure this would be a good spot to ask if not I can always take it to the Mountain thread, I will staying at the Keystone village in May, and was wondering if anyone familiar with area could suggest any good hikes or parks to check out in the area? Looking for beginners terrain.

Will you have a car to drive to trailheads?

Latest posts

Back