Back after many years.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunbeam

Reaction score
Greetings from Central Maine! After a long hiatus from homebrewing (17 years since my last all grain batch, some sporadic brews until 2006, 11 years of none at all) I found a deal at a yard sale on some equipment and now have an all grain pale ale fermenting away. The bug has re-bitten me pretty good and I'm back in with both feet. Had I had a resource like this forum back in the '90s I may have never hung it up. Looking around now it seems I have some catching up to do, still sanitizing with bleach for now because it's what I know. My next door neighbor is partly to blame for getting my juices flowing again as he is making great beers with a BIAB setup over there. (Better than I remember mine ever being) looking forward to being a contributing member of this huge community, cheers!

Welcome back, to the dark side.
A lot of new toys to explore and even more hype.
Catch u up a bit
LoDO=Low dissolved oxygen
Make a starter however you would like, shaken or stirred.
Stay away from the electric forums as they are another money pit all together

Welcome back. I also started brewing in the 90s and also look a long, but not as long as yours, hiatus of 7 years before resuming in 2013. Its good to be back.

I can't say for sure why I stopped, other than I wasn't consistently making great beer, and in my late 20s my living arrangements were rather fluid for a few years. I think that one needs to put down some roots before being able to AG brew regularly. I feel like I had some unfinished business from my previous brewing attempts, some unexplored terrirory. I never played with lagers and pilsners before, something I would like to get into soon.

Back