B3 Sculpture w/ 55 gallon Blingmans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm looking to put together a 1 BBL pilot brewery, and need some help w/ the build. I'm still considering all the options out there, but given that I'm not THAT technically inclined I'd prefer something pre-built (my investors would as well).

My question is has anybody bought a B3 sculpture and upgraded to the 55g Blingmans? Is there a better/cheaper option I'm not thinking of w/o doing too much DIY work?

:mug:

I can not speak for the 55g Blichmanns, but you really can not go wrong with those pots. Did I cringe sliding my bank card through that terminal when I bought mine? Sure did. But I would make that same purchase every again. The quality is impeccable, they are functional and hell, nice to look at.

So if you have the extra cash to make that upgrade, I would recommend it.

There was just a similar thread on B3 and a rep from B3 said basically, it's not made for that, we can't recommend it nor can we tell you it'll hold that much weight or not. They also said that the gas system was probably not up to the task of bringing 55 galons to a boil.

Are you looking for automation such as digital HLT and SMART as well or just a 1bbl brewery?

Are you looking for automation such as digital HLT and SMART as well or just a 1bbl brewery?

Yeah automation would be greatly preferred, but not an absolute necessity.

There was just a similar thread on B3 and a rep from B3 said basically, it's not made for that, we can't recommend it nor can we tell you it'll hold that much weight or not. They also said that the gas system was probably not up to the task of bringing 55 galons to a boil.

That's weird because I just got this e-mail this morning. I still want to see if anybody else has done it successfully though.

Chad,

Thank you for the inquiry. We do not sell larger systems than our 20 gallon sculptures, however we can sell our flat system without the kettles, and plenty of our customers have used this setup for larger batches. I am unsure of the measurement of the burner surface, but I know other customers have used the blichmann 55 gallon kettles, so I can't imagine this will be an issue for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Kyle Somers
MoreFlavor! Inc.
800-600-0033

Interesting. It's a recent thread under Brew Sculptures on the B3 forum.

Yeah, I just checked that out. Looks like it technically should handle the extra capacity, but B3 isn't recommending it either way. Weird that they'd send me that e-mail though.

Are there any other reasonably priced automated 1 bbl systems you know of?

Do some inquiries at probrewer.com if you're looking. They have used equipment on there and a lot of organized re-sale companies that may be able to help you out...

Back