Average age of the HBT forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you?

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-56

• 56-60

• 61-65

• 66 and over

Results are only viewable after voting.
28 and seriously considering buying some Rogaine this weekend....

todd_k said:
28 and seriously considering buying some Rogaine this weekend....

Before you do that, shave your whole head and see if it's worth it. I did this once (and I stress once), actually scared SWMBO. Some girls in Ocean City happened to be talking to me and SWMBO and reassured her that the bald look was flattering (if not at least horrific) on me.

Flyin' Lion said:
Before you do that, shave your whole head and see if it's worth it. I did this once (and I stress once), actually scared SWMBO. Some girls in Ocean City happened to be talking to me and SWMBO and reassured her that the bald look was flattering (if not at least horrific) on me.

You've seen my head. I don't think the world needs to see anymore of it.

desiderata said:
Actually, there should be this category, or at least 18-20. Doesn't England and Australia have lower drinking age restrictions? And I'm sure there is at least one Australian member who is under 21 (not sure if that is makingitgood4 or not, though). Just something to keep in mind.

Why do you have to be 21 to brew, as long as you don't drink it right?

TheJadedDog said:
I have just over 2 months left in my 20s...ugh, does that mean I have to be an adult now?
Not until you have children - then you have to be an adult.

I'm 31, w/ one sproutlet and a dog.

I was wondering about this. I kind of suspected, too, that I was kind of an "old fart" compared with most people here. Oh, well-- maybe that just means I've enjoyed more beer over the years than most people here. :drunk:

Drinking age in most of Canada is 18. I think some provinces such as Ontario it's 19, but nowhere is it 21. Not many people from my age bracket were still children at 21. We worked, paid our bills, served our country and were responsible citizens contributing to society WELL before 21. If they can throw you in jail for a crime committed when you're 18, how can we justify saying that you're not responsible enough to drink? You're either an adult with all the rights and responsibilities or you're not.

Let's not trample an interesting thread with political tangents. This is a good test - can we all acknowledge the line and respect it, despite out political beliefs?! Let's not get into a age/rights/legality mudfight.

....btw I'm in the bulky bottom of the curve, 27. :mug:

I'm all of 41, but I'm a baby in the homebrewing world. (I must say the homebrewing formula tastes much better than baby formula.):rockin:

Fingers said:
Drinking age in most of Canada is 18. I think some provinces such as Ontario it's 19, but nowhere is it 21. Not many people from my age bracket were still children at 21. We worked, paid our bills, served our country and were responsible citizens contributing to society WELL before 21. If they can throw you in jail for a crime committed when you're 18, how can we justify saying that you're not responsible enough to drink? You're either an adult with all the rights and responsibilities or you're not.

Hear-hear! Now that's what I'm talkin' about. The drinking age was 18 when I was a teenager. That meant that there were quite a few establishments around back then where they didn't really care if you were, say, 16.

Now you are automatically an adult here at 17 if you are charged with a crime and can be waived into adult court younger than that. Of course, you can also serve your country in the military at 18, and you can vote, too.

Why you have to wait until 21 to drink is beyond me.

Back