Automated Brew Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonfitzg

Reaction score
I've progressed from extract to BIAB, and now to a traditional 3 vessel system, but really have to streamline things due to lack of time. I've been thinking about an automated setup. Brew Boss, Breweasy, etc. I'd like to be able to do 10 gallon batches as efficiently as possible, with the use of a counterflow chiller, and the ability to whirpool/hop stand. Any objective reviews on these or any other systems currently, or soon to be widely available? I currently have a 10 Gallon G2, and a converted keggle tun. I guess I could use the G2 for an HLT, and then buy the rest. I was hoping to pay less than $1500 for the setup. By the time I'm ready to purchase, I'll probably also have a pump as well. Thoughts?

I would use your G2 for the HLT, like you said, buy a new BK, and keep the keggle tun as-is. Did you intend to run electric or gas? I went with a Kal clone system from Brumatic. I did not DIY the control panel, but still saved a ton of money over the Kal setup. May be something you want to look into as well. If time is an issue, why not return to BIAB?

Number one time saving/less hassle to me was transferring from the BK to FV via plate chiller (CF chiller would work just as well and clog less) with oxygen infused all in one pass. 15 minute chilled and oxygenated transfer compared to 45 minutes with immersion chiller.
Combine that with BIAB and that's about as easy/fast as it gets.
Now if you want true automated system (you're in the wrong forum), good luck staying under $1500.
For that, I would go all electric.

Back