Auto Syphon Sucked in Air

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamer

Reaction score
When I transfer the wort to the bottling bucket I put the auto syphon into a paint strainer. Been working like a charm. During the transfer this time, a lot of air got into the line and into the bottle bucket underneath the beer. Do I need to worry about oxidation over this? Really looking for thoughts from someone that has some experience of actually doing this. I know air is bad and all that, but what are the chances my beer is going to be icky when I pop the top and drink one in 3 weeks?

When I was bottling before, I've had this happen a few times before to me and I've never had any problems. I even found a few bottles of an English Brown that I did after about a year from bottle date and....you know I had to at least try it and it was actually still good.

You should be fine but I'm just speaking from personal experience.

You should be fine. Next time use a sanatized turkey baster and pour some of the beer into the top of the auto syphon. Instead of sucking a little air, it will suck a little beer. And you won't have to worry about it.

Tys guys. It's a Dark Wheat and that's something I can't buy in my town. Hate to blow it up.

Back