Austin, TX destinations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnakeAnthony6375

Reaction score
Hello all. Headed to Austin this week for 4 days. Have some time to wander a bit. Are there any beer destinations that are "need-to-visit" places?

Thanks!

The Draught House for sure. They have a lot of local micro brews. Be sure to try the Live Oak Hefeweisen (#2 Hefe on Beer Advocate!!!) Try the 512 Pecan Porter. And if they still have it on tap try the Jester King Wytchmaker Rye IPA.

Be sure to go to The Ginger Man. Below is a link to their beers on tap. Also a must would be a trip to Austin Homebrew. Be sure to watch your wallet there. You'd be surprised at how many things you realize you "need" once you lay eyes on them.

http://aus.gingermanpub.com/beer-lists/draught-list/

:off: Holy Moley... I didn't realize they put one of these at Park and Tollway! Time to make visit... :off:

Lovejoys is my hang out when I'm in Austin. 20 taps and they brew some as well. Right off 6th near Stubb's on neches.

Another great thing to do is go to a nice beer store and grab some great 22ozers and then take them out to Salt Lick BBQ outside of town and eat.

Latest posts

Back