Austin Homebrew---Sam Smith Pale Ale.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcarter

Reaction score
I just looked on the site, and my kits have been shipped anyone ever done this kit? I recently had a Columbus Brewing Co. Pale Ale that I thought was pretty good, so I thought I'd give this one a shot. The other kit was a Sam Adams Summer Ale which I also really enjoy. Looking forward to having that one with some good 'que.

:EDIT: Anyone know, do the AHS kits come with irish moss? I forgot to order it otherwise. D'oh!!

Doesn't look like it comes with Irish moss - You can still brew without it

Have you ever had Samuel Smith's Pale Ale? It isn't that much like Columbus Pale Ale. I don't drink either regularly, but I recall the latter having an American citrusy hop bite. Sam Smith in bottles always has a killer creamy texture. It would be great if your homebrew could mimic that.

Are you confusing sam smith with sam adams? Sam smith is a british brewery who makes some really good british beer, but is quite different from sam adams.....

No, but all the AHS kits I've had were good. No, they don't come with Irish moss. Just call them and, if they haven't shipped it out already, have them cancel and replace the order.

Are you confusing sam smith with sam adams? Sam smith is a british brewery who makes some really good british beer, but is quite different from sam adams.....

No, not confused at all. LOL. I just had a really good pale ale and wanted to try one. :D

Have you ever had Samuel Smith's Pale Ale? It isn't that much like Columbus Pale Ale. I don't drink either regularly, but I recall the latter having an American citrusy hop bite. Sam Smith in bottles always has a killer creamy texture. It would be great if your homebrew could mimic that.

Nope, never had a sam smith's looked good, thought I'd try it. But now I gotta go get some irish moss. Oh well... Thanks for the info.

Back