Austin Homebrew has AMAZING Shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfPint

Reaction score
Well, yesterday morning I placed an order from them. I wake up today, check my email, and see that it's going to be delivered tonight! Looks like I may be brewing earlier than this weekend!

Same here! I ordered an Arrogant Bastard kit yesterday, got the standard shipping, and it is arriving today! I am was not prepared for such quick delivery!

Same here! I ordered an Arrogant Bastard kit yesterday, got the standard shipping, and it is arriving today! I am was not prepared for such quick delivery!

I see you're in Dallas, and I'm in Houston. I'm sure that doesn't hurt either. This is by far the fastest I've gotten anything from them. Typically, I'll order Monday and get it Thursday or Friday.

:mug:

You can wash them down the drain?

I've been throwing them on the tire fire. Makes for great BBQ.

I see you're in Dallas, and I'm in Houston. I'm sure that doesn't hurt either. This is by far the fastest I've gotten anything from them. Typically, I'll order Monday and get it Thursday or Friday.

Ahhhhh - we must have ordered on a slow day for them.

Austinhomebrew said:
Alright, let's get back to how amazing Austin Homebrew is.

Will trade rave reviews for free fermentation buckets and airlocks......

Seriously though, living inaustin with AHS right at hand has made it easy to get into homebrewing.

I love them- my first order was FLAWLESS and fast.

Currently reading every recipe I can get my hands on to make another "free shipping" worthy order!

Would it be inappropriate to say I got next-day arrival from BrewMaster's Warehouse for $6.99 flat rate shipping on 15 pounds of grain this afternoon?

Would it be inappropriate to say I got next-day arrival from BrewMaster's Warehouse for $6.99 flat rate shipping on 15 pounds of grain this afternoon?

Yes, it would. We offer free shipping on orders over $100. You should start a different thread about how great Brewmaster's Warehouse is. I am sure Ed would like that.

Forrest

P.S. I think the reason you received your package the next day is because you live in the same state as Brewmaster's Warehouse.

Yes, it would. We offer free shipping on orders over $100. You should start a different thread about how great Brewmaster's Warehouse is. I am sure Ed would like that.

Forrest

P.S. I think the reason you received your package the next day is because you live in the same state as Brewmaster's Warehouse.

That was my point. The reason the people in this thread received their packages next-day was because they are in Houston and Dallas, respectively.

The free shipping for orders over $100 is fantastic. It works great with the wife, "Well, I had to spend another $50 to get free shipping". I don't know why that works but it does. The only problem is that I think my poor UPS guy is developing a hernia.

That was my point. The reason the people in this thread received their packages next-day was because they are in Houston and Dallas, respectively.

Then that is what you should have said. Sounded like you were putting a plug in for another homebrew store. Sorry about that.

Forrest

I ordered Chinese food, and got it in 20 minutes. I'd like to see AHS, or BMW beat that time frame.

I placed an order on the 4th, and received it on the 9th, and I'm across the country, so that tells me they got that bastard out quick. When I order from BMW, it takes 3 days, and I'm a couple of states away. Obviously, the closer you are, the shorter it takes to get to you.

Ive been very happy with my orders from austin, quality is great, and they get here fast. I was however dissapointed with the customer service i recieved, i called with a couple simple yeast questions and unfortunetly spoke to someone who was not very interested in helping me. I then called white labs, got the info i needed + more with no fuss. Unfortunetly due to this i now purchase from somewhere else that i will not plug in this post :mug:

Ive been very happy with my orders from austin, quality is great, and they get here fast. I was however dissapointed with the customer service i recieved, i called with a couple simple yeast questions and unfortunetly spoke to someone who was not very interested in helping me. I then called white labs, got the info i needed + more with no fuss. Unfortunetly due to this i now purchase from somewhere else that i will not plug in this post :mug:

This issue has been brought to my attention. It took me a little while to find someone to replace the customer service person but it has been done. Sorry that there was an issue. The last thing I want is that to represent AHS. Did you email me directly when this happened?

If anyone ever has an issue let me know. This isn't Austin Homebrew's forum. The best way is to directly contact the store you have an issue with and give them the chance to make it right. If there was a rude employee at the Home Depot you would let them know but continue to shop there. We just want the same opportunity.

[email protected]

Ok imma gonna test this theory and order something from you then I'm going to come back here and report on it

Thanks to this thread, I checked out Austin. Free shipping on bulk grain?!?! That's crazy awesome!

Austin, you just earned some business.

They ship free on 50 pound sacks? That's OK with me. I had a poor experience with AHS in the past and since went to BMW but if they offer free shipping on a sack of MO, then I'm all over that.

I ordered late Tuesday and it came in on Thursday. Saves me a trip to Houston to get my brewing needs. I tried my normal LHBS website(they are in Houston) but their ordering system kept blanking out my order. I had AHS up on another screen and ordered from them. I can't commit on the CS issues as have not needed to call them. It is nice to be close to them.

They ship free on 50 pound sacks? That's OK with me. I had a poor experience with AHS in the past and since went to BMW but if they offer free shipping on a sack of MO, then I'm all over that.

Free shipping on orders over $100...

Flat rate $7.99 shipping available on anything less...

And no * saying "flat rate shipping does not apply for heavy items"

As long as your order total is over $100. Otherwise, it's $7.99. Still not bad.

You guys are lucky to HAVE a LHBS. I have nothing. I order everything online. Imafine have AHS as your LHBS? Lucky bastards.

You guys are lucky to HAVE a LHBS. I have nothing. I order everything online. Imafine have AHS as your LHBS? Lucky bastards.

Austin Homebrew Supply is like ~300 miles away from me, which is pretty far from local.

But the shipping from me is cheaper than the gas and taxes to go to your LHBS. Just sayin'...

Forrest

Back