Auber DSPR320- LODO capable!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
I have been working with Auber on the new release of DSPR EZ boil unit. The biggest changes are that it now supports cooling and boiling in mash program so it will handle LODO and Whirlpool additions. There is also a lot of little tweaks we did to make user interface more friendly.

Take a look, let me know what you think. I’ll be here to answer any questions.

Can you explain how the unit is related to LODO? I don't get the connection. It mentions step mashes for LODO recipes but I don't see how they are related. Step mashing isn't limited to LODO and vice versa.
Ya for sure! Previous units could only heat to the next step point and did not support cooling. This did not allow for preboiling of strike water. The new firmware now supports pre boiling and cooling within the given mash schedule whether it be single infusion or step mashing.

Ya for sure! Previous units could only heat to the next step point and did not support cooling. This did not allow for preboiling of strike water. The new firmware now supports pre boiling and cooling within the given mash schedule whether it be single infusion or step mashing.
Couldnt you just heat the HLT to a boil and then change the setpoint to the strike temp and wait for the alarm to go off ? Just trying to understand what this does differently that it was important to add.

Last edited:
I have been working with Auber on the new release of DSPR EZ boil unit. The biggest changes are that it now supports cooling and boiling in mash program so it will handle LODO and Whirlpool additions. There is also a lot of little tweaks we did to make user interface more friendly.

Take a look, let me know what you think. I’ll be here to answer any questions.

And I just bought the Cube, with the 310 ezboil. If you are going to add even more functions to that one little button, I'd suggest a clearer set of instructions, or a complete operations video, or operations flow chart.

Will the 320 ezboil retro fit into Cube? If it is easier to use it might be worth it to me.

Last edited:
Couldnt you just heat the HLT to a boil and then change the setpoint to the strike temp and wait for the alarm to go off ? Just trying to understand what this does differently that it was important to add.

The previous versions worked in a heat only manner. So if the approaching steps set point was lower than measured, the controller would proceed to this step and timer would begin but at the previous steps set point. It worked well for heat/ramp up but not for cooling.

The unit can now supports relay output at ramp down to automate the cooling process via solenoid, pump etc.

And I just bought the Cube, with the 310 ezboil. If you are going to add even more functions to that one little button, I'd suggest a clearer set of instructions, or a complete operations video, or operations flow chart.

Will the 320 ezboil retro fit into Cube? If it is easier to use it might be worth it to me.

I do believe they are working on a improved guide. Yes the 320 will fit, same form/size.

The previous versions worked in a heat only manner. So if the approaching steps set point was lower than measured, the controller would proceed to this step and timer would begin but at the previous steps set point. It worked well for heat/ramp up but not for cooling.

The unit can now supports relay output at ramp down to automate the cooling process via solenoid, pump etc.
Oh so if you wanted to program everything ahead of time do do everything automatically... got it now.

Back