attempting to make a mikes strawberry margarita like drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_al

Reaction score
so my wife loves this new mikes she found and at 10 bucks a six pack i will attempt to clone it i guess.

so far i'm thinking for a 1 gallon batch

1 frozen margarita concentrate
1 frozen strawberry daiquiri concentrate
some light dme for that malty flavor and to bring up the sugar content

possibly some agave syrup for that tequila taste? or maybe 2 margarita concentrates?

i have googled and searched hbt for recipes and mostly come across hard lemonade recipes

she likes that its not syrupy sweet but margarita flavored but not the strong dirty flavor from tequila.

if this is the wrong forum please move it admins i was not sure where to place it.

on a side note she ran out of mikes and tried one of my founders all day ipa's and likes it.

well that sounds like what i'll be trying i'll just use 1 can of each and see how it turns out, prime some with some agave syrup and some with carb tabs or maybe some strawberry concentrate.

yup, i'll check for those to, if its the same as in lemon juice i'll try a monster starter.

In mine I used ec1118 and it had no problem starting off, I rehydrated it in water with a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of concentrate, that yeast ate it up! Nomnomnom!

Back