Attaching Bottling wand to the siphon ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay_ID

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would attaching my bottling wand to the end of my siphon oxidize my beer when going to bottle ?

I seem to have trouble with just using the siphon itself especially when trying to bottle by myself, i am on my second brew and don't yet have a bottling bucket so i just want the easiest and best way to make sure the beer gets into the bottle and not all over my floor :D

Thanks in advance :)

Buy a gat dang bottling bucket homie. How are you priming it?

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

If I understand your question correctly, then no.

If your hose is empty to begin with then when you first syphon your beer into your wand then there might be a little splashing of the beer coming out of the wand. That splashed excess should be tiny and can be discarded.

Try first syphoning sanitizer solution so the entire syphon, tubing and wand set up is filled with solution. Then, with the set up still filled with solution, transfer the syphon to the fermenter and just let it flow. Obviously you collect the solution in the tubing in a separate cup first before you start filling the bottles with pure beer.

I'd recommend you get a bottling bucket with a simple spigot asap. Attach the wand to the tap and not only will bottling day be a breeze but your sugar solution will be perfectly mixed.

How are you priming it?

For this batch i am using carbonation drops.

After this batch i am buying a new fermenter and a bottling bucket so this shouldn't be a problem soon :)

Thanks for the replies, i appreciate it.

Back