Attaching an Immersion Chiller to a Kohler Gooseneck Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman

Reaction score
I just moved into a new apartment. The kitchen faucet is a Kohler pull-down faucet. It's got buttons right on the nozzle for stopping water and for changing to spray. You cannot screw an immersion chiller hose onto it.

Any advice on how to use an immersion chiller with it? Same thing for a bottle washer.

Thanks!

I have something like this at my condo, I've found the best thing is unscrewing the hand held facet from the hose. I found two fittings screwed together can change it to a garden hose male end.

I have the same faucet (because my wife liked it...). I realized when we bought it I couldn't use my IC with it. I now use a recirc pond pump and buckets of water.

ForumRunner_20120609_090358.jpg

I have a delta pull down faucet and ended up going under the sink and adding a T splitter at the water hookup. One to maintain the faucet, and on the split, added braided water hose with a ball valve and garden hose fitting to connect to the chiller.

Out of town till tomorrow, but if you like, I can snap a pic to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

pfgonzo said:
I have a delta pull down faucet and ended up going under the sink and adding a T splitter at the water hookup. One to maintain the faucet, and on the split, added braided water hose with a ball valve and garden hose fitting to connect to the chiller.

Out of town till tomorrow, but if you like, I can snap a pic to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

This was my plan initially, but I already had a free pump and buckets! I keep saying someday I'll plumb it in, but my pump works fine :mug:

You could take 3/4-1"(I don't know) size hose/tubing and slip it over the faucet and clamp or tie it off like a condom catheter. If you have threds to tie into, they make a conversion fitting to garden hose threads. I think the pump Idea would work better, then later when you move you can put the pump on your brew stand.

I had thought of doing some plumbing but that may be a future plan. The faucet end has buttons on so I think a "condom" won't work. I like the pond pump idea. Plus it will allow me to use a bucket of ice water to get the temperature down in the summer.

Bassman said:
I had thought of doing some plumbing but that may be a future plan. The faucet end has buttons on so I think a "condom" won't work. I like the pond pump idea. Plus it will allow me to use a bucket of ice water to get the temperature down in the summer.

In the winter I fill it full of snow! :ban:

Back