Atomic Brewing Commission Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diatonic

Reaction score
So, after much deliberation on what to name my brewing operation, I've decided on Atomic Brewing Commission. I'm pretty much ripping off the 40's era logo of the Atomic Energy Commission. This is my preliminary design for a logo:

b7d6debde4d742d77afe83166d445a2f.png

I basically modeled it after this Atomic Energy Commission seal:

a2000b09cad30587ad698f0f814fd4ca.jpg

I wanted to do something nuclear themed because I was a nuclear lab technician in the Navy years ago, and got my degree in Nuclear Technology. I'm still a big fan of nuclear energy, and don't think we use enogh of it in the USA. It should be a fun theme to work with. :mug:

How about throwing something brewing or beer related in there. Maybe the center atom could be a hop for example, or a pint glass and then the sub particles could be hops.

Just a thought.

Replace the electrons with hop cones, big enough to see the detail. Maybe a barley head in the middle.

I was a Nuc submariner back in the '70s.

Great ideas. Thanks! I was a Nuc submariner in the 90's. Where did you do prototype training David?

def needs something brew related, the hops as atoms is a good start.
Also, I'd put a comma or a dash after Boise.

too bad it can't be Arco, something like the first atomic brewery

One of these days I want to get over to Arco for the tour. I've been on the B reactor tour at hanford and that was pretty cool.

There's also an Atomic Ale Brewpub here in town, but I suspect diatonic's beer tastes much better

beerlabels.com-02868.jpg

This is the best image I can find. I have a couple of t-shirts with this label on it. The brewery is Weyerbacher, the beer was Hops Infusion - it's still the same beer, but they've changed the label - and it's a hops cone with electron flying around it on traditional paths.

The teaser text was: "A safe, clean, renewable resource."

:D

Bob

Back