Atlanta Area HBT Meet and Drink 2/23

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerrific

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of us here, so we should get together to drink and plan a group brewday. Brewiz and I were talking on the chat and thought a mini-pubcrawl in Decatur would be good drinkin grounds. What I propose:

Taco Mac
The Brick Store and
Twains Brewpub

Twains does cask conditioned ales on Wednesday, but I have a feeling that Wednesdays might be tough since many of us live quite a way from Decatur. They do beer specials on other days of the week. They also have pool and darts.

The Brickstore is great, if you live in the area and have never been you are missing out. Not a huge slection but have some harder to find draft beer and a huge Belgian slection. But, it gets very busy (1+ hour wait for a table for 4). So we should go there early/go their first especially if there are a bunch of us.

We were hoping to do this in the next month or so and discuss a Spring (warmer weather) brew day. So let this serve as notice for that too.

Who's in?

Come on all you Atlanta folks lets make a date...How about 2/23 for a day in downtown Decatur drinking a few really good beers and planning a group brewday!!!!!

Just found the thread! Wednesdays aren't great for me, because I have a 4 year old that I pick up at daycare. Staying home with him isn't great either. I am probably in. Just have to make arangements with SWMBO. Maybe swap some homebrews, too?

I'd like to get in on this! I'm the nOOb on the block. I'm brewing my second batch this SUPER weekend! I can bring a few of my (first EVER brew) for you guys to sample. Its a pilsner from a true brew kit that should be ready by 2/23. I'd like the opportunity to meet people like Brewiz and drink some real beer.

mrk305 said:
Just found the thread! Wednesdays aren't great for me, because I have a 4 year old that I pick up at daycare. Staying home with him isn't great either. I am probably in. Just have to make arangements with SWMBO. Maybe swap some homebrews, too?

( Friend of mine just sent me this Email. I thought it applied to this thread)

The Sweetness of Married Life..............

A couple had only been married for two weeks and the husband although
very much in love, couldn't wait to go out on the town and party with
his old buddies.

So, he said to his new wife, "Honey, I'll be right back."

"Where are you going, Coochy Coo?" asked the wife.

"I'm going to the bar, Pretty Face," he answered.

I'm going to have a beer.

"The wife said, "You want a beer, my love?" She opened the door to the
refrigerator and showed him 25 different kinds of beer, brands from 12
different countries: Germany, Holland, Japan, India, etc.

The husband didn't know what to do, and the only thing that he could
think of saying was, "Yes, Lollipop... but at the bar... You know...they
have frozen glasses...

"He didn't get to finish the sentence, because the wife interrupted him
by saying, "You want a frozen glass, Puppy Face?"

She took a huge beer mug out of the freezer, so frozen that she was
getting chills just holding it.

The husband, looking a bit pale, said, "Yes, Tootsie Roll, but at the
bar they have those hors d'oeuvres that are really delicious... I won't
be long. I'll be right back. I promise. OK?"

"You want hors d'oeuvres, Poochie Pooh?" She opened the oven and took
out 5 dishes of different hors d'oeuvres: chicken wings, pigs in
blankets, mushroom caps, and little quiches.

"But my sweet honey... at the bar.... you know there's swearing, dirty
words and all that..."

"You want dirty words, Cutie Pie?

LISTEN UP CHICKEN ****! SIT YOUR ASS DOWN, SHUT THE HELL UP, DRINK YOUR
BEER IN YOUR FROZEN MUG AND EAT YOUR HORS D'OEUVRES BECAUSE YOUR MARRIED
ASS ISN'T GOING TO A DAMNED BAR! THAT **** IS OVER, GOT IT, JACKASS?"

and...they lived happily ever after. Isn't that a sweet story? MARRIED
LIFE - MAKES MY EYES TEAR UP.

Has any one ever watched the Red Green show out of Canada? Geared toward the middle aged married guys they end every show with the Mans Prayer;
" I'm a man but I can change, if I have to, I guess"

Brewiz said:
Come on all you Atlanta folks lets make a date...How about 2/23 for a day in downtown Decatur drinking a few really good beers and planning a group brewday!!!!!

2/23 looks good for me. Sounds like we have a nice size group so far....looking forward to it!

Sorry it took so long to get in on this (and thanks to Brewiz for the PM) but I think I'll have to sit this one out. Between the NFL and AFL at the Dome and Phillips, I do alot of weekend work. I'd love to do it but this is a short break for me and right now I'm trying to get some much needed work on the old Ironhead done in the next couple of weekends before it's consistantly warm enough to ride again. If anything changes, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Rich

I have to work until 3:00 o'clock, then its about 15 minutes to decatur

Brewiz said:
Athens is a great beer drinking town, you won't be dissapointed...

Here here! Last night I had Terrapin Brown and Rye Pale. Tonight it'll be more local goodness. The Rye Pale tasted like Edwort's Haus with the perfect amount of rye added. It gives me an idea! The food is awesome as well...

Soulive said:
Here here! Last night I had Terrapin Brown and Rye Pale. Tonight it'll be more local goodness. The Rye Pale tasted like Edwort's Haus with the perfect amount of rye added. It gives me an idea! The food is awesome as well...
I would love to come meet you but my truck broke down this morning so I guess I'll be working on it this weekend.. Enjoy the brew, food and sites!!!!

Brewiz said:
I would love to come meet you but my truck broke down this morning so I guess I'll be working on it this weekend.. Enjoy the brew, food and sites!!!!

Cheers man! If I wasn't here on biz I'd take the rental car over to your area. I will probably be back here next year though...

Next Saturday at 3:30 sounds good. I've never been to Taco Mac in Decatur, but it looks easy enough to find.

OK, Folks it's time to bump this and try to get some more people to join us for a great afternoon of drinking.......Speak Up!!!!!!!!

BierMuncher said:
I'll be there...

Can't wait...

Uh...

Hold on...

...checking google maps...

Drive estimates: 598 mi – about 9 hours 27 mins

Nevermind. Have fun.

Oh come on, that is not that far.

I am in!

I'd like to but I'm coaching a little league game that evening and can't show up to the game all BEER-ed UP!

OK, I am bumping this one more time. Anyone else....?

Brewiz, mrk305, see you tomorrow at 3:30.

mrk305 said:
Next Saturday at 3:30 sounds good. I've never been to Taco Mac in Decatur, but it looks easy enough to find.

Yeah, very easy. It is on Ponce at the corner of Commerce on the west side of Decatur. They have a very small lot and if it is full I can usually find stret parking on Commerce south of Ponce.

Beerrific said:
OK, I am bumping this one more time. Anyone else....?

Brewiz, mrk305, see you tomorrow at 3:30.

Yeah, very easy. It is on Ponce at the corner of Commerce on the west side of Decatur. They have a very small lot and if it is full I can usually find stret parking on Commerce south of Ponce.

You bet, I can't wait looking foward to drinking and talking to you guys...My 16 yr old Son is looking foward to taking care of us drunks too.

Want me to bring that burner Beerific? I can just hang on to it for whenever you are ready.

mrk305 said:
Want me to bring that burner Beerific? I can just hang on to it for whenever you are ready.

Oh, I completely forgot about that. Actually I was able to clean mine up some and it is burning much better now. I would love to have it when I get a multi-burner set-up going, but that might be a long time from now. So, maybe it would be better in the hands of a new brewer or someone who is trying to go AG.

Couldn't make it 'cuz my wife has a runny nose. I guess since I was out all morning and she was stuck at home watching the 4 year old. I wasn't really out all morning. I was at work. And she wasn't really watching the kid. The house is trashed and she is in the living room watching TV. I guess I'll just stay at home all weekend and be pissed off. *&^%#$#@!

If I post on HBT later tonight, there will probably be lots of missspellings, 'cuz I am stocked up and I am going to get druck!

mrk305 said:
Couldn't make it 'cuz my wife has a runny nose. I guess since I was out all morning and she was stuck at home watching the 4 year old. I wasn't really out all morning. I was at work. And she wasn't really watching the kid. The house is trashed and she is in the living room watching TV. I guess I'll just stay at home all weekend and be pissed off. *&^%#$#@!

If I post on HBT later tonight, there will probably be lots of missspellings, 'cuz I am stocked up and I am going to get druck!

Sorry you couldn't make it we had a really ggod time. We do need to come up with something that can get all the local HBT'rs together......

I really was pissed, but my wife does have a nasty cold, so I guess I need to be more sensitive. I'm not, but I guess I need to be. I took the little guy to McDonalds for a couple hours so I could cool down.

Who was there? Make any plans for a local brew-together?

We can do it at my house in case "SHMBO" won't let me out again...

I've been out of commision trying to sell my house and have had some other things come up. Keep me informed of future gatherings and I'll try to hook up with you guys. Probably wont be brewing for atleast a few weeks (if i'm lucky) not a sellers market at all.

Back