Atlanta Area Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added 4 sacks. I hope this takes us to another pallet. It would be awesome to set something like this up quarterly.

David

How are we looking? Is the order still going through and will we get a second pallet? If we are a sack or two short of getting to a second pallet let me know and I'll add more if I have to.

We are 14 bags short of a second pallet. I finally got the paperwork back from the lhbs yesterday to finish setting up the account with Country Malt. Even if we don't fill the second pallet, as long as it is seen as a positive experience by the lhbs, no reason we just don't go ahead with another pallet once we get up to 40. No need to wait if we know we have a full pallet ready to go.

We will be working with Hop City in Midtown. I am requesting actual shipping costs and sales tax info (country malt to Hopcity and Hopcity to us). So we should have final costs and payment instructions soon.

Once we get through this, we'll have a better understanding of the full process and future orders will be performed much faster.

So at this point the order is closed? If not I can add myself for about 3 bags by 12 pm tonight.

If it's closed I'll do it next time!

Everyone keeps asking about signing up for more bags. I keep saying, sign up on the waiting list. When we hit 40 bags, we'll order another pallet.

If we have 40 bags on the waiting list by Sunday night, we'll order 2 pallets. If not, I'll put the order in for 1 pallet and we'll order another on a separate order when we hit 40.

Order submitted. Now working on getting Hop City set up as a customer of theirs. Could have overlapped last week if I knew that needed to happen. Will update when I know more.

Very cool... I used to brew about twenty years ago prior to marriage.... seeing as I'm single again I'll be brewing again :D and I'm currently working on the new rig and hope to be up and running by Christmas doing 12 gallon batches... I put in an order for two sacks but may add to it once I narrow it down to what else I want to brew. Seems we're 12 sacks short of a pallet at this point.

Where will we be picking up the goods once the shipment comes in?

Cheers!

If anyone's still interested in bags we're only 11 short of another full pallet, so if you missed out on anything you wanted from the first pallet sign up.

If anyone's interested in splitting a bag of canadian wheat on the future 2nd pallet I'd be interested (added it to the google doc)

So it's just gonna be one pallet? If so can we keep up the waiting list so when we get enough we can order again?

Hulud said:
So it's just gonna be one pallet? If so can we keep up the waiting list so when we get enough we can order again?

That's the plan. Add to the waiting list now and once the current order is processed, we'll move the waiting list onto the order portion of the spreadsheet and continue building up to another pallet.

Update:

Just got off the phone with Kraig from Hop City. Looks like the bottle neck is on BrewCraft's end. Hop City has received a "pending invoice" which doesn't include shipping, taxes, ect... So there are no final numbers to pass along to anyone to start collecting payments yet. Kraig says he has been reaching out to Brewcraft a couple times a week to get this done but seems they are either very busy during the holidays or out of the office. I just called our sales guy at Brewcraft directly and his voicemail says they are closed yesterday and today and he will be taking a vacation day on Friday so I will call him again on Monday.

Hope you all had a happy holiday and here's to actually doing some brewing in the new year!

I just added myself to the waiting list. Hopefully the first order will process and we can get that second order soon! I'm very excited to start shopping at Hop City for other specialty grains!

Also, I'm not expert on google's spread sheet, but for the waiting list isn't there a way that we can just make a new tab with the same information as the first tab and have everyone on the waiting list to go ahead and fill it out? This may not be possible and I don't want to mess around with the current set up out of fear that I'll erase someone's stuff by accident. I will try to figure it out if I have the ok from sfrisby but I just didn't want to mess with something that works well.

Through the suggestion of Bizarrojosh, I edited the spreadsheet and added an additional page that is titled Waiting List. If you would be kind enough to sign up to the waiting list just as you would have signed up to the current list, we can have a clearer picture of the follow up pallet. Going forward, I can just have each sheet leapfrog the old one to keep a current and waiting list spreadsheet going simultaneously.

Hope that all made sense.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqX3TKHJ2PjmdG9BSnVBdXJQWk9yLTQxY0VnZk14c1E#gid=1

My order has been moved to the waiting list tab. It looks like we still need everyone else to do so and maybe delete your info on the current buy tab when you do to clean things up. Waiting list is currently at 11.

D

Assuming everyone on the waiting list is still interested we're only 7 bags short of a 2nd 40bag pallet if my counting is correct. 6.5 if someones interested in splitting a wheat bag with me. Fill 'er up!

Brewcraft sales guy called me back this morning. He explained that their grain supplier is backed up and combined with the holidays has made all their orders behind. I then called the grain supplier and they explained that the crops have been slow due to a backup in fertilizer. I called the fertilizer company and they said the cows are backed up and not pooping enough to supply the fertilizer companies.

Everyone has an excuse. The good news is Brewcraft firmly believes they should be restocked soon and the final invoice should be sent by the end of the week. We'll see.... Happy New Year everyone.

Anyone who had ever dealt with an insurance company ("You need to call your doctor. Doctor: You need to call your insurance company"), or an auto repair shop ("We're waiting on a part") knows the brush off when you hear it. And as with these cases, we simply sigh, shrug, and hope for the best.

Again though, thanks for staying on top of this on our behalf. I think you've pretty much surpassed the line marked "Above and Beyond."

....ok... I moved my name to the waiting list tab.... I'm ready for the base malts... All components of my control panel will be here Tuesday...

I moved myself to the waiting list as well. Come on atlanta people, you can't beat this deal (and if you can share the info!)

This may be of interest to some people waiting: http://www.wineworkshop.net/customer-appreciation-sale/

Wow. Those are pretty good prices by the sack.

I heard from Hop City. They received a final invoice and apparently Brewcraft already initiated shipping. It should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday, depending in how weather effects delivery. We will be paying Hopcity in the store when we individually pick up our grain. Due to the minimal margins, they can't take credit cards without adding a 3% surcharge. I am waiting for a copy of the final invoice from Hop City so I can update the spreadsheet. When the grain arrives, I'll update to let you know it's ready for pickup.

Sfrisby, How are the split bags handled? Will hop city just bill us accordingly? BTW. Thank you for taking the lead on this. I need to find a way to send you a few bottles.

Sfrisby, How are the split bags handled? Will hop city just bill us accordingly?

I can only speak for our shared bag that is under my name. I will take ownership of the bag and split it up myself. Then you, me, and testingapril can meet up on our own to pass along the grain. Once I have it, I was planning on reaching out to you guys to make plans to meet up.

Grain has finally arrived. The order was short 3 bags, the Briess White Wheat and Canadian Malting wheat. One Canadian malting wheat was the one under my name that I was splitting. I have already added that to the waiting list order.

Hop City can take cash, checks, or debit cards without incurring a 3% fee. The website has been updated showing actual shipping and taxes. Hop City, like us, has been less than thrilled with how this went. I would highly encourage picking up your grain and looking around for other items to add to your cart. Not only do they sell homebrew items, but they have a 60 tap growler station plus a very impressive bottle selection. Please support the store when you pick up your order if you want them to continue supporting this program.

That being said, I am looking forward to reaching 40 bags on the wait list and submitting that order and seeing how that process goes. If the bugs are worked out and goes smoothly, hopefully this will continue. If not, maybe everyone involved will want to look for another option.

And please don't forget to add your name from the old waiting list subsection to the formal waiting list spreadsheet. The old waiting list is listed on the "waiting list" tab. Please add your name to the spreadsheet. If you do not, then it will be assumed you are no longer interested and anyone can add their name to the list to reach the new 40 bag amount. Thanks.

Hopefully the next order will go smoothly. I bet the kinks were due to it being the holiday season. You can bet that if the second order does get placed I will be getting a growler or two.

I think I'm going with another option instead of waiting on the waiting list order. I deleted the cell showing I wanted 1 bag of 2 row. I hope this doesn't screw anything up. My name and email are still there if anyone needs it.

Thanks, Daniel.

Just picked mine up, and picked up a few beers as well. Thanks sfrisby and Hop city for doing this, I know it was a pain.

Brewers,

Our current buy stands at 23 bags. We need 40 to fill a pallet. If you were on the old waiting list and haven't filled out a column and selected your bags (Mike Morgan, Sterling Tucker, Jeff Coons, Brian King) which aren't counting towards the 23 bags, please be sure to delete that subsection and formally sign up by filling out a column on the spreadsheet. As we approach 40 bags, if you don't add to a column, it will be assumed you are not following the thread anymore and the first 40 bags on the spreadsheet will be honored.

Also, if anyone isn't participating because of the cluster-mess that was the last buy, don't be shy. I am convinced the delay was due to the holidays and everyone involved learning a new system. I firmly believe future buys will be much more efficient.

Thanks.

Back