At a GAS STATION near Burlington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsiNyde

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397575494.764768.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1397575509.597359.jpg

No foolin, folks. A gas station. Whereas most of America won't ever see this stuff, you can get it here while you pump gas and get a coffee (or directions.)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There are a few east of burlington on the williston road that also fill growlers. Had a great chat with a c-store owner about his beer. It was pretty awesome. Stopped in for gas at 8am and starting sampling draft beer. How could I complain?! :D

I live in WV, which has the worst and least craft brew friendly distribution laws pretty much in America.

This post makes me angry. <bang head on wall>

It seems pretty logical if you're trying to spread out your product so that the locals can enjoy it. It just adds a few extra locations that might be less camped or provides beer to locations that might not have bottle shops nearby.

There's a gas station near here that has a 2+ year old bottle of the blue chimay.

This thread got my hopes up. I thought you meant the city of Burlington, Ontario, Canada, which has more than 4 times the population of the little town of Burlington, Vermont.

This is a very geographically diverse forum, not everyone is familiar with local towns that might seem like common knowledge to others.

This thread got my hopes up. I thought you meant the city of Burlington, Ontario, Canada, which has more than 4 times the population of the little town of Burlington, Vermont.

LOL...i thought perhaps it referred to Burlington, NJ....I grew up across the river from there in Bristol PA ....at that time (decades ago) the drinking age was 18 in NJ, so we' cross the bridge to the other side (no real craft beer at that time, although the major imports were around - Heinekin, Molson, etc) ....big decision of the night - to buy quarts of Miller High Life for $0.65 each, or quarts of Colt 45 for $0.63 each....glad I'm grown up and the availability of great beer has exploded nationwide (for the most part, am assuming)....heck, we now have a micrbrewery/brewpub in this small city south of Knoxville TN.....they have a bunch of regional stuff available on tap, incredible variety of 6 packs of just good stuff, and are finally legally cleared to begin selling their own product at last :mug: They sell homebrew supplies too, although they don't carry wine yeast, so I either make the drive to the Knoxville LHBS or order online to get yeast for my meads...
It's a good time to be a homebrewer/lover of good beer!!!

This is a very geographically diverse forum, not everyone is familiar with local towns that might seem like common knowledge to others.

No kidding, I was about ready to drive down to the local Burlington Coat Factory and look for a gas station.

If it makes you feel better. There is no growler service in the state of VT. Also if you fly in to Burlington the little bar/coffee shop has a heady topper sign too, of course they were sold out. I made it out there about 3 days after closing to the public. I was devastated but I've had it before, so only a little.

LOL...i thought perhaps it referred to Burlington, NJ....I grew up across the river from there in Bristol PA ....at that time (decades ago) the drinking age was 18 in NJ, so we' cross the bridge to the other side (no real craft beer at that time, although the major imports were around - Heinekin, Molson, etc) ....big decision of the night - to buy quarts of Miller High Life for $0.65 each, or quarts of Colt 45 for $0.63 each....glad I'm grown up and the availability of great beer has exploded nationwide (for the most part, am assuming)....heck, we now have a micrbrewery/brewpub in this small city south of Knoxville TN.....they have a bunch of regional stuff available on tap, incredible variety of 6 packs of just good stuff, and are finally legally cleared to begin selling their own product at last :mug: They sell homebrew supplies too, although they don't carry wine yeast, so I either make the drive to the Knoxville LHBS or order online to get yeast for my meads...

Blue Tick! I love that place, especially the homebrew supplies. I live in Knoxville but I still go there to get my stuff. Waaaaaaay better than both of the knoxville stores.

Things are definitely getting better, but it can still be pretty sketchy here in the rural south. Little Rock is my place to score decent craft beer and it's an hour away, I'm just thankful I don't live in a dry county though!

You can only get Heady in VT, legally. In fact, only within a 30mi radius from the brewery.

Sorry if I got some hopes up in "other" Burlingtons. That was not my intention, as I thought the VT-only availability was common knowledge.

My bad, y'all!

Sent from my iCarrierPigeon

what is it with VT gas stations?

my in-laws live in southern Vermont, on a farm off the beaten track. last time i visited their local gas station carried: jolly pumpkin la roja, lodgson seizoen bretta, alesmith speedway stout, element brewing dark element (EXCELLENT!!!), founders bolt cutter (!!!), and several others that aren't coming to mind at the moment. i was blown away.

I am confused with what you mean by this?

IIRC, I was in a pizza place/ bar in Montpellier. They had some growlers behind the counter, so I asked if I could get one for the road. Not a big deal, but she said they actually use them as pictures and that they couldn't fill a growler to go.

She also said one of they many breweries you all have actually asked them to not provide their beer in a growler/pitcher.

So maybe I'm mistaken. Is it that you can get growlers from the breweries but not from the bars???

Don't visit bars, so not sure there, but would not be surprised you are accurate.

I know with breweries they can fill (Though some only fill their own growlers, so no bringing in your own). Which would lend some to what you experienced. Some breweries up here may not want bars to fill growlers unless it is their name on the growler.

People up here are weird sometimes ;)

Well keep VT weird because you guys have some nice breweries up there.

I imagine if the breweries can fill growlers then its probably a good amount of their business. He probably just doesn't want people thinking they can get a growler of his beer else where and at a lesser profit for them.

Though I got to say the the growler filling stations that have opened up the last couple years in Columbus are pretty popular.

Any way I got some ice cream at Ben and Jerry's and drove up and down the road by the brewery cursing the neighbor in my mind, had a good cry, and returned to my hotel.

Burlington vt is#1 on Google search for Burlington. That makes it THE Burlington! :p

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

A lot of good people in VT. Burlington is fun!

LOL, when I first moved to Montreal from Hamilton, they were talking about Burlington on the news which I thought was odd...until I learned about Burlington VT...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There is definitely growler service in VT I came home with a trunk full of 'em last trip. Mostly from breweries but a beverage center in Burlington had them as well.

You know Google is sensitive to your location, right? I'm in Ontario, Canada. If I Google "Burlington," my first several hits are Burlington, Ontario. :)

It also filters all your results based on all your past activity with Google and across the internet. It tries to predict the information you really need...

You know Google is sensitive to your location, right? I'm in Ontario, Canada. If I Google "Burlington," my first several hits are Burlington, Ontario. :)

I do now! Haha! Although Burlington ME it's WAY (like an hour instead of half a day) closer to me and that didn't even show on page one.

Back