Assisting carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creekwaterbrew

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Bottled my wheat beer about 11 days ago. From what I understand, two weeks should be enough to carbonate. In a few days i plan on putting the bottles in the fridge for about two days. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to ensuring optimum carbonation (i.e. shaking the bottles before putting in the fridge [read that in another thread]). Also, I won't have enough room in the fridge for all of the bottles; will leaving the rest out in room temperature affect the taste/carbonation of those bottles?

Thanks in advance!

Two weeks is what many of us consider "minimum". Often it's more like 3.

Once two weeks have elapsed, I would take a single bottle and stick it in the fridge. After it's had a while to chill, use it as your carbonation test. If it seems well carbonated, your bottles should be ready. If it's still a bit on the flat side, let the rest of the bottles continue to sit at room temp.

Do not shake the bottles.

Don't worry about not being able to fit all you bottles in the fridge. The ones left outside will be just fine. It will not affect carbonation.

Warm beers will age faster at room temp than chilled, but this won't be an issue unless you are a really slow drinker.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back