Arkansas local brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx-brewer

Reaction score
I'm going to be going up to the Bentonville, Ar area tomorrow and curious if there are any local or semi local must try beers. I'm coming from Houston.

Thanks for any tips,
Jared

I can't tell you the exact availability of the local brews from that part of the state but I've heard good things about Fossil Cove and Saddlebock.

Finding good beer in Arkansas is fairly difficult to be honest so for me it's usually "take what I can get" type of thing. Basic Brewing Radio, which is recorded in NW Arkansas, has some eipisodes on the local breweries if you look in the archives. You should be able to find Diamond Bear (brewed in Little Rock) as I'm able to find it most places I go in the state it seems. Their IPA is an English style, the blonde is pretty malty, the porter is good and don't bother with the brown.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your stay in the Natural State. Are you here for work?

Unfortunatly, I'm here for a baby shower, I thought guys weren't suppossed to go to those things, guess not. It was a beautiful drive in from Fort Smith up. I fell in live with the Arkansas scenery in a week long kayak trip on the Buffalo a few years back.

Anyway, thanks for the beer tips, ill try to sneak away and get my fill

Found this thread and thought I'd add some information for those who might be seeking good beer in NW Arkansas. There is a Fayetteville Ale Trail with seven breweries within short driving distance. I highly recommend Ozark Beer, Apple Blossom and Core Brewing. I actually try to find an excuse to drive down from Springfield, MO every few months.

You can find details through this link.

http://fayettevillealetrail.com

Back