Arizona!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwaite

Reaction score
I'm in sudona AZ in my honey moon. Any one know an cool wine places I can check out ?

Not sure if it that close but merkin vineyards is in Jerome AZ. Their wine is very nice and not over priced :) their tasting room is available to the public. I went to a tasting recently and I was very surprised

Cornville area just east of sedona has some wineries...

And check out oak creek brewery in tlaqapaque. Good food and brewer and lots of eclectic shopping.

Personally, the "Merkin" part of Merkin vineyards was a dead give away that I'm either going to love the humor, or loathe the atmosphere.

Maynard. Love the humor.

I don't know of anybody that has actually opened the wine. The few people that I know have it keep it as a show piece, due to their love of Maynard. I hear it is relatively expensive compared to the standard AZ table wine, but I don't know where those individuals purchased their wine.

I got a bottle of '06 Chuppacabra at a local shop for $30 and it is certainly a decent wine. At 15% they are big reds with complex flavors like vanilla, tabacco, plum etc. At least that's what I tasted. I did hit a wine tasting when APC was in Detroit and of the ones I tasted Chuppacabra was the least dry.

Got a bottle from merkin... $40 for it. The mist I have ever spent on wine and will. But it was good and fun to sit in are hotel room sipping off a bottle that cost that much. Liven it up Ooohh yaaa!!

I got a bottle of '06 Chuppacabra at a local shop for $30 and it is certainly a decent wine. At 15% they are big reds with complex flavors like vanilla, tabacco, plum etc. At least that's what I tasted. I did hit a wine tasting when APC was in Detroit and of the ones I tasted Chuppacabra was the least dry.

I've got two bottles of this signed by Maynard as well. :) We drank one, and are keeping the other one sealed (for now at least, who knows).

Back