Are Primo 3g water bottles ok to ferment in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPD

Reaction score
Are Primo 3 gal water bottles ok to ferment in?
At Lowes they have Primo water bottles the 3 gal bottles are 12 dollars filled. Can they be used as fermenters for a few batches before tossing they are rated recycle 7 "other" "for water only"

I'm not a big fan of using <7's> in my brewing...I have found some 3 gallon water jugs that I use for small batches that are <2>'s You could check around some other stores....They are out there...

I even think one of the ones I was using was a #2 from Primo...some cities are banning #7's becasue of bisophenal-A and replaceing them with 2's....

The only trouble was with the primo one was that I only got 2 or 3 batches with it and it cracked on the bottom...I like it becase it was short and squat.

ANother thing to think about is that for 3 dollars more than the 12 for the Primo bottle, you can buy a 3 gallon better bottle...

krausen5.jpg

I thought so. I'll keep looking for the 2. but thought that maybe 3 gal of water and no shipping at 12$ it would be a bargain even if I only got 3 or 4 brews from it. any yes it it nice being short and squat, that is what I saw when walking by the shelves. Thanks. Ben

Back