Aquiring a second CO2 tank so you never run out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
only frickin works if you fill the EMPTY at some fricken point while you're busy sucking down beers! Ugh... I have an empty 20 and 15lb now and beer not flowing so much. Epic failure.

Haha, that is hilarious. Sorry to hear that. Question: How long has that one tank been empty? 20 lb's lasts me awhile.

I have 3 tanks as well, though one is from grandpa that has dust of 20 years on it... though apparently still has some Co2. Gotta clean that one up.

2ccmi45.jpg

-Joe

My local paintball store is two minutes away...

AND, I have a little gun charger, just in case.

:rockin:

I have done that too.

I have two 20# and I forgot to tag the empty. At some point I had convinced myself that it was full. When I went to swap it felt too light.

Doh!

In my case, I told myself that I have a whole 15# to run through before I have to worry. Sure, and then a month becomes 3 months, then 6.

There's really no good time estimate for how long CO2 lasts. If you clean your taps by forcing liquid through with CO2, purge a lot, etc, it goes at random times. I think the 20lb lasted me like 9 months and the 15 was about 8 months.

I feel ya'. Cept' I only push beer with my CO2 and my bottles are tucked outta sight. Easy to forget about until theres no gas.

I feel your pain. I had a #20 bottle (full) that was emptied in about a week due to a leaky hose. Now that it's been fixed I have 3 -#20's and a #10 on standby.

Of course it's always better not procrastinate. :D

Back