Apple trays

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennyUK

Reaction score
Hello all,

I posted on here when I first moved into my new house, which came complete with 33, 45 year old, very large apple trees, mainly bramleys but some sweeter varieties. I've ahem culled them back a bit now, and have 14 which is more manageable for me. It was Apple mania for a while there. I think I was the main breeding ground for wasps in Sussex!

After a year of "respite", this year is looking like another bumper crop and I finally want to make some Cider. My biggest problem is storage. I've been looking and looking but I can't seem to find anywhere where I can buy bulk loads of simple polystyrene/cardboard whatever they are made from, apple trays. There are all of these lovely looking oak storage stands but I'm not paying hundreds of pounds to simply store apples, that's mad.

Can someone point me to a supplier where I can buy these from? Going down the Supermarket is not an option as I have thousands of apples here.

Many thanks!

Back