Apple juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan18can

Reaction score
First attempt at apple juice cider wish me luck
20180527_114050.jpeg

If you have some tubing that fits through the stopper, put it through the stopper and the other end into a bottle of sanitizer solution (or water).

If you don't have tubing, just cover it with a clean towel.

d85e1c08bb56a6ceb4bc17f469a2702d--virtual-class-different-recipes.jpg

If you have some tubing that fits through the stopper, put it through the stopper and the other end into a bottle of sanitizer solution (or water).

If you don't have tubing, just cover it with a clean towel.

d85e1c08bb56a6ceb4bc17f469a2702d--virtual-class-different-recipes.jpg
Ok thanks

The tubing should be tight to prevent a mess if your krausen continues to expand up the neck of your carboy. I see you do have the towel ready underneath in case of an eruption. 5/16" tubing is a tight fit in my stoppers.

Looks good btw, really active. What yeast did you use? Straight juice or added sugars?

The tubing should be tight to prevent a mess if your krausen continues to expand up the neck of your carboy. I see you do have the towel ready underneath in case of an eruption. 5/16" tubing is a tight fit in my stoppers.

Looks good btw, really active. What yeast did you use? Straight juice or added sugars?
Thanks i added 60g of caster sugar and used this yeast form ebay
20180527_142513.jpeg

Looks good!! What kind of juice did you use?? Do you plan on bottle carbing or making a still cider?? I just started my first runs at cider as well...

Left to right..
-1 gallon apple and eve juice from Walmart w/ 2 cups of sugar using half packet of ec1118
-1 gallon cyser motts 2.75 lbs sweet closer honey and dark buckwheat honey w ec118
- 3 gallon w/ motts mangrove mO2 yeast

upload_2018-6-1_10-12-42.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good!! What kind of juice did you use?? Do you plan on bottle carbing or making a still cider?? I just started my first runs at cider as well...

Left to right..
-1 gallon apple and eve juice from Walmart w/ 2 cups of sugar using half packet of ec1118
-1 gallon cyser motts 2.75 lbs sweet closer honey and dark buckwheat honey w ec118
- 3 gallon w/ motts mangrove mO2 yeast

View attachment 573062
Apple jucie from lidl and 60g caster sugar along with the crossmyloff brewery cider yeast

Back