Apple Juice in Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjjohns5

Reaction score
I've searched for the past 2 days on this site for information on how one could use apple juice in a beer. Myself and my gf are obsessed with Simply's juices. There are no presevatives, it's not from concentrate, just 100% fruit juice, nothing added to it. I had an idea of making an Apple Steam recipe using their apple juice. I have a couple of questions though, first, when would I putthe juice in? The boil doesn't seem to make sense to me, so I was wondering if I should pitch it into the primary when I pitch the yeast? Then I read somewhere that add juices to the secondary? And my final question is how much do I use per 5 gallon batch? Thanks guys!

i would add after primary fermentation is over to preserve the fruit taste an aroma. since its bottled with no preservatives you know its already sanitized. i would just wipe down the mouth of the bottle with a sanitizer just to be safe. as far as how much to add that depends on how strong of an apple taste you want in the beer. you will need to experiment. i would start with a conservative amount, say half a gallon, then add little by little till you hit the right amount for you and your SWMBO. i would suggest waiting till after fermentation stops after adding the juice before tasting.

thats the idea. let it ferment then take a taste test. just remember the beer is green, warm, and uncarbonated. if its not enough add more and let it ferment then taste again.

Back