Apple Cherry Graff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schaefer4152

Reaction score
Made my 20th batch and have it down to a T....

Inspired by Brandon O..... :D

5lbs Briess Golden Light..
.5 oz Warrior
1lb Brown Sugar
11 12oz cans of Apple Cherry Frozen concentrate.. I used OLD ORCHARD
Us-05 Yeast

60 min hop boil,Add brown sugar at the start of the boil. add concentrate (frozen) when boil is done... Pitch at 70 degrees.. SOOO NUMMY... 10% so its a sipper (if you can).. perfectly balanced.. :mug:

You will be impressed..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying a version of Apple-Cherry Graff that sits at the same OG. It's 1 Gal "wort" 3 Gal apple juice (Tree-top from costco, Vit C added), 1 gallon cherry juice from the farmer's market and 2 oz liberty hops. How much cherry flavor seeps through on yours? Was it really only 14 days until you bottled/kegged or did you secondary??

This sounds good. Can you give some more detailed instructions, such as how much water to start with?

new here but would like to experiment with graffs cause i love beer an love cider so whats better then two together but could i use a higher fermenting yeast like a saison type or any thing else that could work??????

I created this two days ago and it came off to a little weird start. I made mine AG with 7lb American Pale and 1.5lb Crystal 60. My OG was a little lower than yours at 1.078.

6 hours after putting it in the fermenter there was cloud like things floating around in the fermenter and it seemed like something was wrong. After a while the clouds settled to the bottom and it looked like it was about 50/50 cloud like consistency to graff.

The next morning the fermentation finally started and at this point it has a large krausen and small "particles" floating around.

Does this sound anything like your batch?

The first picture is day of putting it in the fermenter (+6 hours) and the second is today (48 hours in)

2014-01-13 20.06.10.jpg

2014-01-14 07.27.03.jpg

Latest posts

Back