Apollo Dry Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhymenocerus

Reaction score
I have searched and found many differing opinions. Can someone tell me what will happen if I dry hop with 1oz of Apollo I have sitting around? I was planning on adding it to a Centennial DIPA I just brewed as a dry hop with 1-2oz of Centennial. Will I immediately regret this decision? Is cat piss a real flavor that can be created?

I did two ounces in my Apollo SMaSH and didn't get any cat piss. I'd say go for it, Heady Topper uses Apollo in their dry hop supposedly.

I have dry hopped with 3oz before without issue.

It's a great hop, I plan on using it again with ctz in a dry hop.

It's proper dank but that's the point

I did a pale with 100% Apollo; dry hopped with 1 oz. I thought it was excellent so definitely go for it. I ended up buying a 1 lb bag of Apollo for this beer because Apollo also stores really well, and have been using them as battering hops for just about every beer since. I'm a fan!

I too have used Apollo in Northern Brewers Heady Topper clone. While I am not a hop aficionado, Apollo has not been unpleasant to me.

Dry hopped with 4 oz of Apollo and 4 oz of Simcoe in an ipa. Got a dank grapefruit bomb out of it. No cat piss, just a wonderfully different kind of ipa.

That said, everyone's taste perception is different, ie cilantro...

i put 2 oz dry hop and 2 oz hopstand in my 2.5g NEIPA i'm drinking right now. delicious!

Back