Apfelwein Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thwizzit

Reaction score
apfelweinlogopz7.jpg

Thanks for the comments :) I hope I like the Apfelwein as much as I like the label. As far as additional information, I don't really have anything else to say. It's just going to go on my bottles so I (and my guests) know what they're drinking.

Thanks again :)

Thanks again for the additional comments :)

solid...you a graphic designer?

Not really. I primarily illustrate in a humorous/cartoon style but I occasionally get asked to do character logos so I do a little of it here and there.

Hope you don't mind, I took an avery label and printed this on then cut around the border and stuck it on a tap handle. Love the label!

One of the best Ive seen on this site.

Wow! Thanks for the compliment :)

Kilted Brewer said:
Hope you don't mind, I took an avery label and printed this on then cut around the border and stuck it on a tap handle. Love the label!

Sure, no problemo. I take that as a compliment :) I've uploaded a larger, higher resolution version to the gallery if anyone else wants to download it for personal use. Enjoy!
https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8099

If you feel like dedicating the tap handle you should stain the handle, then put some thing to finish the wood on it and put it over the label, so it kind of blends in with the wood

RockfordWhite said:
If you feel like dedicating the tap handle you should stain the handle, then put some thing to finish the wood on it and put it over the label, so it kind of blends in with the wood

Great idea. I'm not dedicating this handle though. That avery label will come off really easily.

Hey there Kilty B, I just realized I never thanked you for posting that photo :) I also wanted to say that if anyone else downloads the label, post a photo. I'd love to see how it's being used.

Thanks again!

Stellar Label!
I really like the label...even if I have to explain it to some people.
Anyone want to drink some Miller Chill? I love this bottle-label combo, but I'm not sure I can do another 6 of those nasty little critters.

IMG_0765_copy.jpg

BigKahuna said:
Stellar Label!
I really like the label...even if I have to explain it to some people.
Anyone want to drink some Miller Chill? I love this bottle-label combo, but I'm not sure I can do another 6 of those nasty little critters.

IMG_0765_copy.jpg

Drink some Dos Equis or Becks. Those are much easier to get down and have nicer bottles.

Thanks for posting that pic, they look snazzy :) I think they look good on the green bottles. I'm looking forward to bottling my first batch soon and I have a case of empty Grolsch bottles that I planned on using so I'm glad it works so well.

Thanks again :)

Cool taps, thanks for posting :)

I was at a bar after softball recently and they had a few Coors Light Girls running around handing out free Coors crap so I took one of their keychain bottle openers, printed out a sticker and converted it
apfelweinkeychainop1.jpg

Revvy said:
You know something buddy, I think you set the standard for apfelwein labels!
Your label is perfect!

LOL! Thanks :) I decided to send it in to the BYO Label contest so we'll see if they like it as much as you do :)

Here's another one I'm going to try and do. This is just a mock up but I want to try and make a real one
apfelweinkeychain2ad7.jpg

Revvy said:
If you made those for sale, I'd definitely buy one!

LoL! You know,I was going to try and physically make them myself by buying some of these keychains and trying to take them apart and put the logo in there but after some quick research online I found a custom Print-On-Demand place that will make them for $6.99

4-15321293-0-1-1

I'm going to buy one and see how the quality is and if they're any good I'll let you know :)

if you want to make your own keychain bottle openers with your own logo then go to
PrintOnDemandShop.com and upload your label :)

I finally took advantage of this bad ass label. Normally I don't go to all the trouble but I think I am going to give a bunch of these bottles away.
IMG_1203.jpg

Still and sparkling.

Keen! Thanks for posting, they look great :) I finally got my camera fixed (it just arrived in the mail today) so if anyone ever wanted to sneak a peek at one of my 'jugs' here's your chance...
apfelweinjuglabeleh1.jpg

Thwizzit said:
Keen! Thanks for posting, they look great :) I finally got my camera fixed (it just arrived in the mail today) so if anyone ever wanted to sneak a peek at one of my 'jugs' here's your chance...
apfelweinjuglabeleh1.jpg

What do you print your labels with? Are they lasered, or do you have them done?

Wow a growler of Apfelwein!!! That's a major hangover waiting to happen...:D

Revvy said:
What do you print your labels with? Are they lasered, or do you have them done?

These were just printed on my Inkjet on regular copy paper but I may invest in a box of these waterproof vinyl inkjet labels.
http://www.planetlabel.com/water-resistant-vinyl

I'm not sure how well they work but according to their website the labels "feature a unique top-coating that causes your inkjet inks to dry instantly and permanently even when exposed to moisture. These labels are made with an extra strength adhesive and can withstand temperatures in extreme heat and sub-zero conditions. Our brilliant white face stock can be printed using your highest dpi setting allowing you to create amazing images. These vinyl labels are perfect for creating your own labels for wine & beer bottles"

I was also thinking about looking into some vinyl cling labels so I can re-use them but if these are water proof, they may last a long time and I'll only be using these jugs for Apfelwine so it might be worth it.

Thwizzit said:
These were just printed on my Inkjet on regular copy paper but I may invest in a box of these waterproof vinyl inkjet labels.
http://www.planetlabel.com/water-resistant-vinyl

I'm not sure how well they work but according to their website the labels "feature a unique top-coating that causes your inkjet inks to dry instantly and permanently even when exposed to moisture. These labels are made with an extra strength adhesive and can withstand temperatures in extreme heat and sub-zero conditions. Our brilliant white face stock can be printed using your highest dpi setting allowing you to create amazing images. These vinyl labels are perfect for creating your own labels for wine & beer bottles"

I was also thinking about looking into some vinyl cling labels so I can re-use them but if these are water proof, they may last a long time and I'll only be using these jugs for Apfelwine so it might be worth it.

WOW...sounds great, I didn't know you could print with a bubblejet and have it hold up to moisture...

I too have been wondering about vinyl cling labels myself...That way they'd be reusable in beer batches, and easy to remove....

Back