Anything of Note in my Town's Report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffreyabr

Reaction score
I've only had a few brews so far, but the more I read, the more people seem to emphasize the importance of curating your water profile to fit your brew.

I haven't had any issues so far with what I pull from the tap, but I was curious what some of you who are more well-versed in this end of the science could tell from my town's water report.

I found a table on our town website (where it says "View the Water Quality Test Results Table" under "Dear Customer") that seems to list a brief average of the compounds found in our water supply.

Is the general body of this information indicative of anything? Should I pursue a more comprehensive water examination from Ward Labs, as suggested in other threads? Is my water pretty good in general for brewing?

that report doesn't give you much info that you can use for brewing. you could ask if they have an analysis or go through ward.

Back