Anything make beer green?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calder

Reaction score
Is there anything I can add to my beer (in the glass) to make it green for St Patrick's Day?

The back-up plan is Irish Whiskey.

I know which I'll prefer!

Only the blood of a leprechaun can turn beer green! Food coloring grocery store.

Dry hop the living **** out of it. I assume if you throw enough hops in, the beer will take on their color as well as the flavor...:drunk:

No the blood of a leprecAun works best especially when you dry hop the ish out of it!...

Blue will make it kind of a dirty bluish-green. Green food coloring will make it a nice bright "st patties day" green.

Woodruff syrup. Although unless it is a berliner weiss its probably going to change the flavor.

I'm sorry, I've got to ask... because it gets said in every one of these threads..

For those of you who say, "Why would you add green food coloring??? Since it's yellow, you'd have to add blue."

What color, exactly, do you think green food coloring would make the beer then? I mean, yes, blue and yellow makes green. But guess what? Green makes green too.

I meant 1 drop only of blue. You can use green color, (duh), but I put 2 drops of blue in a beer recently to show my wife that I can make green beer and it was pretty dark green and slightly off. That was a Founders Centennial Pale Ale.

I think anything more than a single drop in 12 ounces will be too much.

Latest posts

Back