Anyone watch the Fiesta Bowl??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
I'm not a big College Football guy, but since it was on HD, I decided to give the David v. Goliath game between Boise State and Oklahoma a shot.

I've got to say, that was one of the most exciting games I've EVER seen. It had EVERYTHING! The little dog jumping out to a nice lead, the big buy storming back and delivering what seemed to be a fatal blow at the end of the game - only to be propelled into overtime with seconds remaining with a hook and ladder!

And Boisie wins with a great misdirection play in OT! MAN, what a game!!

I'm at work on 3 hours of sleep because of that damn game! It was one of the better games so far. I kept trying to turn it off and get some sleep, but that didn't work. It sure was a helluva lot better then the Nebraska game. :(

loop

One of the greatest games I've ever seen! I stayed up to watch the whole thing, but turned it off as soon as it was over and missed the on-air marriage proposal.

You can see the game highlights here.

I misssed the proposal too. What a numb-nut that reporter was!! He announced that he was gonna propose right in front of her??

Oh. The Fiesta Bowl was the Tostitos one? See? With all the sponsorship BS I can't keep the names straight. As a result, as a casual fan, I can never keep up with what games are the "big ones" and which are the more minor bowls. Seems the names change from year to year.

But I did catch the Boise State vs. OU game. It was awesome.

My proposal though is that, so long as the NCAA continues the ridiculous naming nonsense, we just refer to the games as "BCS 1, BCS 2, BCS 3, BCS 4" and for every other game, just refer to the participants. I'm tired of the renaming bullsh1t.

Oh.. and by the way... The Sears Tower is still the Sears Tower even though it's not owned by Sears and the White Sox still play at Comiskey Park. I don't use the new name because, you know, it might change next week.

Toot said:
Oh.. and by the way... The Sears Tower is still the Sears Tower even though it's not owned by Sears and the White Sox still play at Comiskey Park. I don't use the new name because, you know, it might change next week.
Call me cynical, but I do fear the day when I will have to throw away a lifetime of Red Sox devotion because they play in Microsoft Park or Starbucks Stadium. It's bad enough the Pats play at The Blade......Gilette is in the process of moving out of Boston anway.

Big SOONER fan here, but all this David and Goliath stuff is media hype. You can ask any true Sooner fan and we'll all say the same thing. We weren't ready for a BCS bowl. Too many issues that needed to be worked out prior to a game of that caliber. Losing that Oregon was almost like a blessing in disguise. Why you may ask? That would have put us right up there with USC, PSU, Michigan, Florida and there is no way in hell that we would have ever dreamed of defeating any of those teams. When we drew BSU, we felt a little better, but these guys were undefeated and they didn't get there by being wimpy. It's been a great season for the Sooners with all the initial adversity and then mid-season injuries that I for one, was absolutely shocked we landed in the big 12 championship. And then won that game. Sometimes you have to be careful for what you wish for. I was proud the way OU came back but felt bad the way we started off playing. I will say this and others will say the same, if that game would have been played a week after regular season, the outcome would have been much different. Not saying we would have won, just saying not playing for so long just takes the wind out of your sails. Why is there such a long wait? Must be money related.
I'm still very proud of the Sooners regardless. To achieve what they did with every single odd against them is an statement to dedication.
If you'd ask any Sooner fan at the beginner of the year when Rhett was released, that we'd win the big 12 championship and play at the Fiesta Bowl, and especially after AD got injured, we would have laughed our collective arshes off.

Back