Anyone using a diaphragm pump for glycol?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastsedan

Reaction score
I'm looking at upgrading my cooling system to a glycol chiller. I don't think both of the fountain pumps that I currently use will fit in a small chiller reservoir.

Has anyone tried using these for glycol chilling?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Solid-...-Self-Priming-Pump-High-Pressure/131556382165

It's self-priming and can be externally mounted, just looking for anyone with first hand experience with them.

I'm also looking for some quick disconnects with valves so that the lines don't drain when unhooked. If anyone has any leads I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited:
I use similar pump with my system. It works well. I bypassed the pressure switch. Both my pump and chiller (re-purposed drinking fountain) are controlled by STC-1000. Reservoir is a small 6 pack cooler. I my case the pump can be a little loud depending on the tubing diameter and length.

Pump draws from the cooler -> pushes through chiller -> into jacketed conical -> back to reservoir.

I tried one briefly as I didn't like the idea of my immersion pump givin off heat right inside the chiller. It was way too noisy for me, I could hear it running at night although my brewery is in the basement and my bedroom is on the 2nd floor.

Back