Anyone used one of these Hot Pods?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountainsax

Reaction score
I'm building an eHERMs system and came across these Hot Pod Element Enclosures. The price is great and they look simple to install but I was wondering if anyone has used them and what they thought...

HotPod-EWL3-2T.jpg

I have two in my kettle 110 v they have been working great for 18 month with out any problems

Thanks kf! If you were to do it again, would you use these or something else? The other option I have been thinking about is the box as recommended on TheElectricBrewery.com.

If i remember the box you mention is the same principle a little more work but properly cheaper :mug:

I've used the weldless and triclamp versions. Quite happy with both.

I have 2 of them for my setup. They are the nicest designed element pods out there. With that said. Its pretty tight to work in there and if you have too much slack wire there is a potential for the ground nut/screw to scrape into the some wires and cause a short. I found this on one of my buddies pods. Also I realize you picture the weldless version of this but I wanted to warn people ordering the triclove version. The triclove adapter is poorly tack welded and broke on one of mine. I am having it repaired and the other reinforced. Every triclove pod I've seen has these poor tacks.

I have the tri-clamp version as part of my RIMs.

I highly recommend it, works great. I'm thinking about converting my induction kettle over to direct fire elements and when/if I do I'll be using more of these.

Thanks for the responses! It's good to know they work well. They are definitely going on my list of potential parts for the build!

Yup i use them on my 2" TC 5500W elements and work great.

It is a tight fit and getting a ring connector around the ground bolt and then put a washer/nut to screw down is a giant PITA, find someone with small fingers to do it for you to save heartache.

I have 2 of them for my setup. They are the nicest designed element pods out there. With that said. Its pretty tight to work in there and if you have too much slack wire there is a potential for the ground nut/screw to scrape into the some wires and cause a short. I found this on one of my buddies pods. Also I realize you picture the weldless version of this but I wanted to warn people ordering the triclove version. The triclove adapter is poorly tack welded and broke on one of mine. I am having it repaired and the other reinforced. Every triclove pod I've seen has these poor tacks.

When did you buy them originally? The issue with warning eveyone about them is that they have been vastly improved with a 100% continuous weld and I'm glad help you out with replacements. Always contact me when you have problems with my products.

When did you buy them originally? The issue with warning eveyone about them is that they have been vastly improved with a 100% continuous weld and I'm glad help you out with replacements. Always contact me when you have problems with my products.

One of mine must be an early batch and only had 4 tack welds and looked sketchy from day. A friend more recently bought 2 and his both have varying quantity of welds. They do look better than my first one. However the most recent one I ordered seems to be somewhere between the two sets in quality. So with that said, I still love the product. I figured maybe it was a limitation of the how thin the metal was which is why I didn't contact you directly.

I guess my comment was supposed to be more of be careful not to bump these pods when moving your pots type of warning and not trying to turn people off the product.

Back