Anyone used a bielmeier boil kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are somewhat popular here in Europe (swede myself), but I don't think many use it in the US, so you might have better luck asking in local forums.
I got one myself, but I haven't used it yet, as I am rebuilding it to better suit my purposes.
I would however advise against it. You will be better served by a kettle and an induction hotplate and it doesn't have to be a lot more expensive.
The build quality is so-so, there have been reports of wort scorching in the bottom, 1800w is on the low side (though for 3 gallons might be ok, and there is a 2000w model as well). The thermostat is useless and may shut off mid boil, so you need to remove/bypass it.
Cleaning is the biggest problem though, as it has the heating bottom part mounted.
So my advise is that it might be ok for a HLT, but avoid it for boiling/mashing.
Cheers!
//mats

Yeah that's what I was worried about. I actually live in Denmark and stuff is ridiculously expensive. Any suggestions on a induction plate and kettle? I haven't lived in Denmark long so I don't know all the places to source things and I'm still working on the language.

I don't really know the market in Denmark, but as it is closer to Germany and the Germans are big on brewing as well as homebrewing, I'd guess you would have more options than we do.
Ask at a danish homebrew forum and I guess they can give better advise.
In sweden, 'Patina' series of kettles are popular for good reasons, cheapish and great quality. 2kW induction hotplates should be easy to source cheaply. A store called 'Kjell & co' is commonly used here.
Best of luck!
//mats

Oh yeah, do check our humlegårdens webshop. They are not the cheapest, but customer service is flawless and they carry most of what any brewer would need.
I'm not affiliated, just a customer there.
If anything, go there just for inspiration.

I checked out that website and I think one of those pots and an induction hob I found on eBay might be the way I go. I'll even save a few dollars. Or kroner....

Thanks for the help on not purchasing substandard equipment. This is why I love the forum.

Back