Anyone tried Squatter's Chasing Tail Golden Ale??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simplecj

Reaction score
I really love the light and aromatic qualities of this beer and would like to know if anyone has any ideas about what hops they use and if maybe they dry hopped only. It wasn't bitter at all so.. I'd like to try out an attempted clone of this brew but it's relatively young recipe has evaded my searches on the internet..

First of all....where are you in So. Ut?

And yes, I have had Chasing Tail. A very good ale, and in fact if you save your Squatter's CT caps, each one turned in to squatters will mean a nickel for animal welfare ( I work for Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab).

Weirdly I don't know the brewer at Squatters, but I do know the Chef and several employees. They are good people and I'll bet they would try to give you an idea how to brew something similar.

Try [email protected]

Let me know what they say!

jdd120 said:
First of all....where are you in So. Ut?

And yes, I have had Chasing Tail. A very good ale, and in fact if you save your Squatter's CT caps, each one turned in to squatters will mean a nickel for animal welfare ( I work for Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab).

Weirdly I don't know the brewer at Squatters, but I do know the Chef and several employees. They are good people and I'll bet they would try to give you an idea how to brew something similar.

Try [email protected]

Let me know what they say!

I'm in Cedar City, I've heard of the animal program in Kanab... My uncle is probably one of the top homebrewers in SLC and probably knows the guys at squatters too. Unfortuanately he's also a busy world-traveling micro-biologist and doesn't really have much time to ask them and I wouldn't feel right asking him to anyways.

I'll drop them an email and let you know what they say... thanks!

simplecj said:
I'm in Cedar City, I've heard of the animal program in Kanab... My uncle is probably one of the top homebrewers in SLC and probably knows the guys at squatters too. Unfortuanately he's also a busy world-traveling micro-biologist and doesn't really have much time to ask them and I wouldn't feel right asking him to anyways.

I'll drop them an email and let you know what they say... thanks!

Well hey CJ.

If you are ever interested I would love to have someone closer to sample my brew. Shipping can't be THAT much to Cedar City :)

jdd120 said:
Well hey CJ.

If you are ever interested I would love to have someone closer to sample my brew. Shipping can't be THAT much to Cedar City :)

I'm sure we could work something out as for trading brews... shipping would be reasonable. I even have a discounted UPS shipping account... BUT none of my brews will be aged proper for about a month or two. Just started brewing a couple months ago and I've jumped in head first with a variety of brews so I can get a good feel for brewing in general and focus on brews that find favorable after my initial batches... I want to go AG by early next year..

How long you been brewing?

simplecj said:
I'm sure we could work something out as for trading brews... shipping would be reasonable. I even have a discounted UPS shipping account... BUT none of my brews will be aged proper for about a month or two. Just started brewing a couple months ago and I've jumped in head first with a variety of brews so I can get a good feel for brewing in general and focus on brews that find favorable after my initial batches... I want to go AG by early next year..

How long you been brewing?

Also just started. I have my first brew bottled for a couple of weeks and really pretty decent if you ask me

:rockin:

I have a steam beer in the secondary as of tonight ( I have a cold basement), and a holiday ale planned to be brewed this week

I am a total rookie, but it would be nice to have an objective point of view for my brew other than my wife and my best friend!

Back