Anyone part of the UFO club?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, i joined the ufo club at flying saucer... only have 194 more brews to go!:ban:

anyone else part of this elite group?

I am, but always forget to slide my card. I think I have like 7 on there. I just did it for the shirt.

SWMBO signed me up when we lived in Dallas as a surprise. Then we moved to Austin where there are no Flying Saucers. I think I have like 3 drinks on my account.

olllllo said:
UFO club?

Is that like the Mile High Club except you've been abducted?

No such establishment here AFAIK.

Its a club that after 200 different beers you get a plate. I think its after 50 they throw you a party with some free beer. Its a pretty cool little deal, you can check what beers you have not tried. The on in Fort worth has like 200+ beers in stock. Only problem is most beers are 5 bucks or more, most are in the 7 buck range so its not cheap to drink there.

Ryanh1801 said:
Only problem is most beers are 5 bucks or more, most are in the 7 buck range so its not cheap to drink there.

And the prices arent listed on the menu. Each beer has a symbol next to it, and you have to reference a key to know how much you are spending. This gets tricky after a few beers.

FlynnAle said:
I refuse to pay the fee to drink the beer I am already going to drink...membership should be free

I agree 100%! Any membership perks program like that should be free. Basically looks like they're just forcing you into buying a Beer Knurd tshirt and magnet to join their club. Pffh! Shirt should be free after drinking 25 or so beers. You've definately paid for it a few times by then anyway.

dont know where you are drinking, but its 2.50 a beer here in nashville on monday night, and about 3.50 for every other night...

2.50 for anything on draft. Anything in the bottles is off limits. I don't know where your $3.50 is coming from...that's about the price of Bud on a regular night.

Last time I went I spent I think $7 or so on a 22oz Arrogant Bastard and $8 on an Old Stock (12 oz).

I inquired about an Old Guardian ($12) and the Stone Russian Imperial ($13). So factor in the $3 cover I had to pay and tip and yeah, it does get rather expensive.

I'm not only a member, I have a plate on the wall in Raleigh. Another friend has two plates, and yet another three. I think there are 3-4 of us with one plate each.

At least in Raleigh, you must finish all 200 beers to get the party which is a $100 tab. Several times we coordinated our parties to have a $2-300 tab which goes faster than you might think...

You get a t-shirt for the price of membership, so it's pretty much a wash.

I' m a member at the one in Houston but I never go there, too far of a drive, I think I have like 10 or so beers I really just wanted a shirt. The school girl outfits they wear definitely makes for good atmosphere though.:D

I'm a member, but I've only got 10 beers on my account, and the last one I added was apparently last October. I've been to the Saucer a few times but didn't bother swiping my card. I like the Beer Knurd shirt, though.

Back