Anyone older than me ever get carded?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't beat the record here for age, but I did think it is strange when I don't get carded for buying beer/liquor, but damn near every time I buy my wife cigarettes I get carded. It's even happened, more than once, that I'll put beer on the counter and they'll scan it then ask for smokes and they ask for ID? WTF?

I can't beat the record here for age, but I did think it is strange when I don't get carded for buying beer/liquor, but damn near every time I buy my wife cigarettes I get carded. It's even happened, more than once, that I'll put beer on the counter and they'll scan it then ask for smokes and they ask for ID? WTF?

Not sure about TX but I know that the "Check ID" age for smokes is higher in OR than the "Check ID" age for booze...

Just the logic, or lack there of, thinking I was fine to buy beer but if I want to smoke with the beer I'm gonna need to prove my age. Just seems bass ackwards is all.

Iam 50 and was always carded in my 40s before I finally started getting grey. My wife is 2 years older than me and one day after I stopped in to visit her at work years ago one of her younger co-workers asked her if I was her son:p. I got so much **** for calling her Mom after that.

I was once the stupid clerk.

Gorgeous woman walks through the store. Can't help but check her out when ever she goes past (I was 19... not that it's changed much...).

She buys a couple bottles of wine - I card her, sure she's over 21, but MAYBE 25-30 (we were supposed to card everyone under 30 I think... been a while).

She was 49. I was shocked - she found it quite the compliment.

*I guess I should add that at 28, I can't remember the last time I got carded...

COUGAR!

Some of the stores around here are ridiculous. I mean, I get carded all the time but until I grew my beard I looked 17. But, I've seen guys in their sixties get carded at Whole Foods, and I'm pretty sure the checkout clerks at the Price Chopper are forced to put in a date of birth for EVERY alcohol purchase.

I used to *love* being an ******* about carding people when they came in the store. There was one guy I carded like four times (and he was in his late 30s), but he was fine. I used to love the kids who would come in, grab a sixer, and try and bribe us with like ten bucks to let them walk out of the store - ****in' idiots...

a. do you see that security camera?
b. you think my JOB is worth $10?
c. you're a *********.

Latest posts

Back