Anyone legally sellling their beer in Oregon (or anywhere)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewbeliever

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey HBT community, so I have had some local beer buyers at small grocery stores show recent interest in buying my beer to sell commercially. Being that I live in Portland, Oregon, I have been researching what is required under Oregon and Federal law in order to simply sell your beer. In Oregon, we have the Oregon Liquor Control Commission, which is public entity that regulates the production, importation, exportation, and distribution of wine, beer, and liquor. They have a wide array of licenses for beer brewers and breweries, and each license differs in its allowance of production, on-site sales and consumption, and exportation. Next, there is the Oregon Department of Agriculture, who is responsible for licensing food processors, manufacturers, and distributors. They have a license, which I think is called "food processor license type 59," which is required for the manufacturing of any malt beverage or wine. Also, there is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which is a federal agency... Has anyone on this forum sucessfully navigated this labrynth of regulations? I sure could use some advice about what I should do and if anyone knows of additional licensing or regulations that I must follow or if anyone has any general tips about how to go about this.

"Anyone legally sellling their beer in Oregon (or anywhere)?"

Widmer, Deschutes, Ninkasi etc. :fro:

Had to go for the snarky response, but seems like probrewer.com is already helping you out

neko said:
"Anyone legally sellling their beer in Oregon (or anywhere)?"

Widmer, Deschutes, Ninkasi etc. :fro:

Had to go for the snarky response, but seems like probrewer.com is already helping you out

Har har har. No, I am serious about other homebrewers selling their beer in SMALL batches. I know people do it...

Have you heard about The Commons Brewery (used to be Beetje)? The guy started as an actual brewery in his garage. He still had to go through the legal stuff, but he didn't move into an actual "brewery" space until recently.

They are in Portland, so you could just talk with him and get some advice over a pint of beer.

http://www.commonsbrewery.com/about/

Back